Is Work Cited ever numbered?
Arranging Numerical Entries in MLA Works Cited Normally, it is easy to alphabetize entries in your MLA format works cited list. However, on occasion, you may find a source that starts with a number. If the source has an author, cite it by the last name of the author first.
How do you cite a government budget document?
- Treat a government document as a book, report, or brochure.
- If a person is named on the title page, use her or him as author.
- If no person is named, use the government agency, department, or branch as a group author.
- Give the name of the group author exactly as it appears on the title page.
How do you cite a personal testimony in MLA?
According to MLA style, an interview that you conduct should be included on the Works Cited page. List the interview by the name of the interviewee. Include the descriptor “Personal interview” and the date of the interview, as in the following example: Billiken, Billy.
How do you do a works cited page on word?
Create a bibliography, citations, and references
- Put your cursor at the end of the text you want to cite.
- Go to References > Style, and choose a citation style.
- Select Insert Citation.
- Choose Add New Source and fill out the information about your source.
What if your works cited page is more than one page?
Works Cited Page (MLA) Helpful Hints If the references take up more than one page, do not re-type Works Cited on sequential pages, simply continue your list. The Works Cited Page(s) should continue to have the header and page numbers listed at the top of each page. The first line of each citation is flush left.
How do you cite a public hearing?
For each citation, include:
- “U.S.”, the Chamber (House or Senate), and the committee or subcommittee name holding the hearing.
- The title of the publication; shortened with an ellipsis (…) if the title is too long.
- If there is a date as part of the title, include it.
How do you cite a government resolution?
Template for citing an unenacted bill: Title [if relevant], H.R. or S. bill or resolution number, xxx Cong. (year)….
How do you cite a court testimony?
REFERENCE LIST ENTRY. Title of Hearing, Number of Congress Cong. Page (Year) (testimony of Name of witness).