How do I fix unresponsive mouse in Windows 10?
Windows 10 Mouse Fixes to Try First
- Check your mouse or wireless adapter hasn’t become unseated in its port.
- Try fully unplugging the mouse cable or wireless adapter and reconnecting in a different port.
- If it is a new issue, sometimes restarting your system will provide an immediate fix.
Why is my computer not responding to my mouse?
A: In most cases, when a mouse and/or keyboard become unresponsive, one of two things are to blame: (1) The batteries in the actual mouse and/or keyboard are dead (or are dying) and need to be replaced; or (2) the drivers for either or both devices need to be updated.
How do I reset my gaming mouse?
To reset a computer mouse:
- Unplug the mouse.
- With the mouse unplugged, hold down the left and right mouse buttons.
- While holding down the mouse buttons, plug the mouse back into the computer.
- After around 5 seconds, release the buttons. You will see an LED flash if it resets successfully.
What is a ps2 keyboard?
The PS/2 port is a 6-pin mini-DIN connector used for connecting keyboards and mice to a PC compatible computer system. Its name comes from the IBM Personal System/2 series of personal computers, with which it was introduced in 1987.
Why is my mouse and keyboard not working Windows 10?
A USB mouse/keyboard connected to Windows 10 might fail to work primarily because of either hardware problems or other software conflicts within the system itself. Make sure that you have a wireless/PS2 mouse connected to your computer. Right-click on the taskbar and select “Show touch keyboard button”.
How do I reset my mouse on Windows 10?
Reset mouse settings in Windows 10?
- Navigate to Start>Settings>Devices.
- Click on Mouse and Touchpad.
- In the right pane, click on Additional Mouse Settings.
- Under Pointer tab, Click on Use Default.
- Click on Apply and OK.