How do I open drafts in CATIA?
Tutorial: How to use drafting workbench in Catia V5?
- Open the model for which drafting is to be performed.
- Switch to drafting workbench.
- A new drawing wizard opens up.
- Window->tile vertically.
- You will get a view as shown.
- Click on front view from the menu.
- Or get it from.
- Click on the face as shown.
How do I rotate in CATIA Drafting?
1- Open CATIA 2- Open new drawing 3- Create a circle ,Create center line for the circle 4- Click Rotate icon 5- Select the center line and then its center point 6- Input the angle value 45 deg 7- Check off Duplicate mode 8- Click OK .
How do I flatten a part in CATIA?
edit an already flattened ply….Flattening Plies using one Location Point and Checking the Material Roll Width
- Click Flattening .
- Select the feature you want to flatten.
- Select a plane as the flattening support.
How do I draft a sketch in CATIA?
CATIA is basically designed for three dimensional modelling. Sketches we create in it are only to convert it into 3D models. After creating a 3D model we can go for drafting of that component (auto generated in first OR third angle projections) with all dimensions. Press ctrl+P for the printing the 2d sketch.
How do you create an isometric view?
Using the ruler, draw a vertical line on the page, and mark three equally spaced points along it. Draw a horizontal line through the lowest point, and using the protractor, mark out a 30 degree angle up from the line on either side. Draw a line back through the lowest point from the 30 degree angle on each side.
How do you align views in Catia?
Go to Tools > Options > Mechanical Design > Drafting > General tab and in the View axis area, clear the Display in the current view check box. Right-click the view that you want to re-position, the unfolded view for example. A contextual menu is displayed. Select View Positioning > Align Views Using Elements .
How do you unfold parts in Catia?
- Click Unfolding . The Unfolding Definition dialog box is displayed.
- Select Wall. 1 as reference face in the geometry area.
- Select Cylindrical Bend. 1 and Cylindrical Bend.
- Click Preview to visualize the unfolding of the bends you selected.
- Click OK to unfold the bends.
How do you flatten sheet metal?
To flatten a body, do one:
- In the FeatureManager design tree, select the part and click Flatten (Sheet Metal toolbar).
- In the cut list, right-click the body and click Flatten .
- In either the FeatureManager design tree or the cut list, right-click the Flat-Pattern feature for the part and click Unsuppress .