How are french fries processed?
The general frozen french fries processing steps are washing and peeling, slicing or striping, blanching, cooling and drying, frying, de-oiling, and packaging.
How do you make french fries in 5 steps?
No matter how you trick out these chips, they’re guaranteed delicious.
- Step 1: Materials. Potatoes – 1 per person is more than enough!
- Step 2: Cut Potatoes. If you plan to keep the skins on (why wouldn’t you!), scrub the potatoes well.
- Step 3: Heat Oil.
- Step 4: First Fry.
- Step 5: Second Fry.
How do you make french fries step by step with pictures?
How to Make French Fries
- First, grab 1 extra-large potato, 2 large potatoes or 3 medium potatoes equalling about 315 grams. Rinse well in water and then peel the potato.
- Now slice the potato in slices having 1 cm thickness.
- Cut the potatoes in sticks having 1 cm width.
- Cut the remaining potato slices in sticks as well.
How does mccain make their fries?
Each fry is par fried from ½ minute to 5 minutes depending on the type of potato. The strips are then shaken on a vibrating conveyor to remove any excess cooking oil. Following this they are sent to the freezer, which has a temperature of -39°C, and kept for 20 minutes.
How do you cut a potato like a French fry?
How to Cut Fries
- Slice a potato in half lengthwise with a chef’s knife (long potatoes are best for fries).
- Lay each half cut-side down. Slice lengthwise into 1/4 to 1/2 inch thick slices.
- Stack about half of the slices and cut lengthwise into 1/4 to 1/2 inch thick fries. Repeat with the rest.
- Perfect French Fries.
How do you process potatoes?
The production process is fairly simple: peeled potatoes are shot through cutting blades, parboiled, air dried, par fried, frozen and packaged. The world’s appetite for factory-made french fries has been put at more than 11 million tonnes a year.
How are potatoes shipped?
Potatoes are usually now in bags or sacks in large palletized cartons, or loose in smaller cartons on a pallet, for easy movement with a forklift. Back in the really old days, they were often loose in the car.
How does McCain make their fries?