Which is the first principle of prevention of injury in sports?
Muscle flexibility is an important factor in injury prevention. Injury occurs in muscle and connective tissue which is forced beyond its natural limit called the “plastic yield point”, resulting in muscular strain.
What are the factors of injury?
The numerous causes of injury include:
- Acts of violence by others.
- Bicycle or motor vehicle accidents.
- Bite or sting injuries.
- Burns (thermal, chemical or electrical)
- Falls, impacts.
- Overuse and repetitive motion injuries.
- Poisonings and chemical exposures.
What are some risk factors that you can control?
Risk factors that can be controlled include blood pressure, diabetes, cholesterol, weight, smoking and other wellness factors like physical activity and stress level. Understanding the role these factors play in your health is an important step in reducing your risk for heart disease.
What is the importance of injury prevention?
Injury prevention should be an important part of every physical activity, because it not only helps you achieve your training goals but also keeps you healthy and safe. Performing complex mathematics without adequate preparation can hurt your brain; running a marathon without adequate preparation can hurt your body.
What are the 5 risk factors?
Major Risk Factors
- High Blood Pressure (Hypertension). High blood pressure increases your risk of heart disease, heart attack, and stroke.
- High Blood Cholesterol. One of the major risk factors for heart disease is high blood cholesterol.
- Obesity and Overweight.
- Physical Inactivity.
What are the four factors that increases the risk of injury?
Factors that increase the risk of injury include the load being too heavy, large, difficult to grasp or unstable, the task being too strenuous or involving awkward postures or movements, and the working environment lacking sufficient space, having slippery, uneven or unstable floors, having extreme temperatures or poor …
What kind of injuries are hard to prevent?
You can avoid most of the unlucky sprains, strains and bone breaks that can be caused by a rough game of football or soccer (or just forgetting to stretch)….
- Sprains And Strains.
- Achilles Tear/Tendinitis.
- Shin Splints.
- Epicondylitis (Tennis Elbow/Golfer’s Elbow)
- Rotator Cuff Tendinitis/Tear.
What three primary health risk factors can you control?
There are five important heart disease risk factors that you can control. A poor diet, high blood pressure and cholesterol, stress, smoking and obesity are factors shaped by your lifestyle and can be improved through behavior modifications. Risk factors that cannot be controlled include family history, age and gender.
What are 3 risk factors you can change?
Modifiable risk factors include:
- smoking high blood pressure diabetes physical inactivity being overweight high blood cholesterol.
- age ethnic background family history of heart disease.
- Although you now have all the basic information you need to deliver Session 4, here’s some more detail you might find useful.