What should I save a Word document as?
Steps to save Documents in Word Format
- From the File menu, select Save As…
- The Save As dialog box will display.
- Choose a location on your computer to save your file. You may want to create a folder to store all your class assignments.
- Next to File Type is a drop down menu; select Rich Text Format (.
- Click Save.
How do you show spaces in Word?
Fortunately, Word allows you to easily see where spaces occur in your documents….Displaying Spaces in a Document
- Display the Word Options dialog box.
- Click Display at the left side of the dialog box.
- Make sure the Spaces check box is selected.
- Click on OK.
Does double spaced mean 1.5 or 2?
1.5 line spacing is half-way in between, or 1/4 less than double (2.0) line spacing. And double spacing is the same thing as 2.0 line spacing. …
Can Microsoft Word read ODF files?
While Microsoft Word uses the DOC and DOCX formats for document files, its competitor, Apache’s OpenOffice Writer, uses the ODT format. However, Microsoft Word 2010 and 2013 offer native support for the ODT format, so you can open the file in a similar to any other Word file.
What is white space in Microsoft Word?
Updated: by Computer Hope. Alternatively referred to as spacing or whitespace, white space is any section of a document that is unused or space around an object. White spaces help separate paragraphs of text, graphics, and other portions of a document, and helps a document look less crowded.
How do I fix page breaks in Word?
Remove a page break from a Word document
- On the Home tab, in the Paragraph group, click Show/Hide to show all formatting marks including page breaks.
- Double-click the page break to select it, then press Delete.
- Click Show/Hide again to hide the remaining formatting marks in the document.
Which space is used between the documents?
How do I reduce white space in Word?
Eliminate white space in Word documents with automatic hyphenation
- Go to Tools | Language | Hyphenation.
- Click the Automatically Hyphenate Document check box.
- In the Hyphenation Zone box, click the down arrow until it displays 0.1.”
- Enter 2 in the Limit Consecutive Hyphens To box.
- Click OK.
What is 2 line spacing?
Line spacing is the distance between lines of text. For example, a line spacing of 1 means the line spacing will be as large as one line, a line spacing of 2 means the line spacing will be the size of two lines, and so on.
What is a double spaced essay?
“Double-spaced” simply means that there is one blank line between every line of type. All modern word- processing programs have a double-space mode. In Microsoft Word 2013, you will need to set line spacing to “Double” and also ensure that no additional spaces are added before or after paragraphs.
Why is word double spacing between lines?
If your document has too much space between the lines, make it look the way you want. Select the paragraph you want to change, or press Ctrl+A to select all text. Go to Home > Line and Paragraph Spacing. For more exact spacing, select Line Spacing Options, and make changes under Spacing.
Is ODT better than DOCX?
odt is far, far better than . docx. Always save all files as .
How do I remove spaces in Word?
To format paragraph spacing:
- Select the paragraph or paragraphs you want to format.
- On the Home tab, click the Line and Paragraph Spacing command. Click Add Space Before Paragraph or Remove Space After Paragraph from the drop-down menu.
- The paragraph spacing will change in the document.
What is double spaced in Word?
In text formatting, a double space means sentences contain a full blank line (the equivalent of the full height of a line of text) between the rows of words. By default, most programs have single spacing enabled, which is a slight space between each line of text, similar to how this paragraph looks.