What retail stores pay the most?
- Nordstrom. Nordstrom (JWN) began in 1901 as a humble shoe shop in Seattle and now operates more than 350 stores in the U.S. and Canada.
- Lowe’s. Lowe’s Companies (LOW) has 2,200 stores in the U.S. and Canada and employs approximately 300,000 associates.
- Sam’s Club.
- Best Buy.
How much should students pay for rent?
Given that rent can be the most significant expenditure for a student, outside of tuition, establishing a monthly budget with a comfortable rent is crucial. Ideally, your monthly rent and utilities bill should be no more than 30% of your monthly net (after tax) income.
How safe is USC?
The study, conducted by ADT security affiliate Your Local Security, measured the number of crimes reported to the FBI and Department of Education and compared them to the total number of students on campus and severity of crime. Of the 6,284 colleges studied, USC ranked sixth in the country and first in the state.
Will student loans pay for rent?
Student loans can be used to pay for room and board, which includes both on- and off-campus housing. So the short answer is yes, students can use money from their loans to pay monthly rent for apartments and other forms of residence away from campus.
How much are dorms at Harvard?
Harvard University prices housing and dining separately. The on-campus housing expense for any standard student was $10,927 in 2019 – 2020, and the cost of an average meal plan was $6,755.
What percentage of applicants get into USC?
How can college students afford rent?
How to Pay for an Apartment While in College?
- Finding the right apartment. Consider staying in a private home instead of a big apartment complex.
- Live with people. More roommates equals less expensive rent.
- Get a job. Start with your school’s employment office.
- Be frugal. For one, cook a lot more than you eat out or get delivery.
- Use your loans (if you must).
Is it cheaper living on campus or off?
On-campus housing is often less expensive than renting a house or an apartment off campus — but not always. Depending on the housing market around the college, students can sometimes find great deals. And like off-campus housing, there are costs to choosing to live on campus that aren’t immediately obvious.
What jobs pay the most for college students?
High-Paying Part-Time Jobs for Students
- Dog Walker/Pet-Sitter — $13.09/hour.
- Tutor — $17.54/hour.
- Library Assistant/Circulation Clerk — $12.81/hour.
- Transcriber — $15.19/hour.
- Bank Teller — $11.69/hour.
- Casino Dealer/Server — $8.27/hour.
- Bartender — $7.83/hour.
- Freelance Writer — $24.08/hour.
Whats a good job for a college student?
The 25 Best Jobs for College Students
- Nanny. Nanny jobs are popular with college students because they offer plenty of flexibility.
- Call Center Representative.
- Virtual Assistant.
- On-Demand Staffing Jobs.
- Warehouse Associate.
- Dog Walker/Pet Sitter.
- Food Service Worker.
- Home Health Aide.
Is housing guaranteed at USC?
Not a lot of things in life are guaranteed, and for USC juniors and seniors, that list includes on-campus housing. USC only guarantees housing for underclassmen, leaving older students to fend for their own leases and rents without the experience or education they need to make informed decisions.
Where should I live at USC?
Below are four great neighborhoods that are close to USC.
- Koreatown. The Koreatown neighborhood of Los Angeles.
- Huntington Park. The Huntington Park neighborhood of Los Angeles.
- Monterey Park. The Monterey Park neighborhood of Los Angeles.
- Rampart Village. The Rampart Village neighborhood of Los Angeles.
How much is housing at USC?
Financial Aid at USC
|On/Off Campus||With Parents or Relatives|
|Books and supplies||$1,200||$1,200|
|Personal and miscellaneous||$1,640||$1,640|