What can you do in Denver Colorado in the winter?
18 Best Things to do in Denver in Winter
- Warm Up with Tea at the Brown Palace.
- Eat Your Way through Denver on a Walking Food Tour.
- Visit the Denver Aquarium.
- Go Ice Skating at Skyline Park.
- Visit the Denver Art Museum.
- Taste Delicious Wines on the Denver Wine Walk.
- Cheer on the Local Hockey Team.
Is Denver good to visit winter?
In a league of its own, the Colorado city has winter on lockdown, as it offers the textbook definition of what the perfect winter escape should offer. From its snow-packed forecasts and nearby ski slopes to cozy restaurants and holiday cheer, these are just 11 of the many reasons why Denver rocks at wintertime.
What is there to do in Denver if you don’t ski?
Winter Activities in Colorado that are Not Skiing
- Cross Country Skiing.
- Dog Sledding.
- Ice Climbing.
- Ice Fishing.
- Ice Skating.
- Sleigh Rides.
- Snow Tubing.
Is it good to travel to Denver in January?
Winter is the least popular month to visit Denver. January is cold and snowy, with an average low of 17°F. These cold temperatures and snowy conditions can make the bike trails and hiking routes less inviting (but still enjoyable on warmer days). Winter is also ski season in the nearby Rocky Mountains.
How are Denver winters?
In Denver, the summers are hot, the winters are very cold and snowy, and it is partly cloudy year round. Over the course of the year, the temperature typically varies from 22°F to 89°F and is rarely below 6°F or above 96°F.
What do people wear in Denver in December?
Packing List For Colorado Winter Clothes
- Winter coat.
- Warm base layer.
- Insulated puffer jacket.
- Snow shoes.
- Winter hat.
- Warm winter socks.
Is Denver expensive to visit?
The average price of a 7-day trip to Denver is $1,684 for a solo traveler, $3,024 for a couple, and $5,670 for a family of 4. Denver hotels range from $54 to $312 per night with an average of $138, while most vacation rentals will cost $160 to $440 per night for the entire home.
What can you do in Colorado in the winter?
Things To Do in Winter in Colorado
- Heli-Skiing. Telluride Helitrax flying in the San Juan Mountains.
- Ski-Mountaineering School. Crested Butte’s gO SkiMo Academy Tour.
- Snowkiting. Winter breeze blows snowkiter near Lake Dillon.
- Snowcat Skiing.
- Colorado Hut Trips.
- Snow Boating.
- Ice Fishing and Climbing.
- Winter Horseback Riding.
What is there to do in Denver in January?
Top 11 Things to do in Denver in Winter
- Go Ice Skating at Evergreen Lake, 29612 Upper Bear Creek Rd.
- Spend an Afternoon at the Denver Art Museum, 100 W.
- Head to the Clear Creek River Walk, 13th & Ford in Golden.
- Grab a Drink at Union Station, 17th & Wynkoop in Downtown Denver.
What does Denver winter feel like?
Winters are mild with an average daily high temperature of 45 degrees Fahrenheit and days reaching 60 degrees are not uncommon. Snow doesn’t stay on the ground long in Denver so golf courses and outdoor cafes are able to stay open all year.