What are the benefits and limitations of planning?
Advantages and Limitations of Planning
- Attention on Objectives: Planning helps in clearly laying down objectives of the organization.
- Minimizing Uncertainties: ADVERTISEMENTS:
- Better Utilization of Resources:
- Economy in Operations:
- Better Co-ordination:
- Encourages Innovations and Creativity:
- Management by Exception Possible:
- Facilitates Control:
What are the factors that Favour decentralization?
Answer: Some important factors determining decentralization are:
- The size and complexity of the organization.
- Dispersal of operations.
- Degree of diversification.
- Availability of competent personnel.
- The outlook of the top management.
- Nature of functions of the organization.
- Communication system.
- Planning and control procedures.
What factors should be considered when choosing the degree of centralization?
These factors include the size of the organization, the speed of change in its environment, managers’ willingness to give up authority, employees’ willingness to accept more authority, and the organization’s geographic dispersion.
What is the impact of decision making?
There are several important factors that influence decision making. Significant factors include past experiences, a variety of cognitive biases, an escalation of commitment and sunk outcomes, individual differences, including age and socioeconomic status, and a belief in personal relevance.
What are the examples of decision making?
Examples Of Decision-Making In Different Scenarios
- Deciding what to wear.
- Deciding what to eat for lunch.
- Choosing which book to read.
- Deciding what task to do next.
Which is the process of dispersion of decision making authority throughout the Organisation?
The dispersal of the authority of decision-making to the lower level management is termed as decentralization. Decentralization of authority is a fundamental phase of delegation and the extent to which authority is not delegated is called centralization.
How does decision making affects the company?
Decision making makes a huge impact on an organization. It can either propel it forward and into success. It reduces the uncertainty because you have already collected evidence, weighed the alternatives, and went through various scenarios of how each decision will potentially turn out.
Which among the following is a factor determining centralization?
Factors Determining Centralization of Authority In small organizations, the owner or the top management is responsible for making all the business decision solely. Whereas, the delegation of work among the subordinates takes place; therefore, centralization persists in these business units.
What are the major limitations of planning?
Following are the limitations of planning:
- (1) Planning Creates Rigidity:
- They are the following:
- (i) Internal Inflexibility:
- (ii) External Inflexibility:
- (2) Planning Does Not Work in a Dynamic Environment:
- (3) Planning Reduces Creativity:
- (4) Planning Involves Huge Costs:
- (5) Planning is a Time-consuming Process:
Is the decision making body of an Organisation?
The highest decision-making body is the governing board. For strategic management there is a management council under the Vice-Chancellor , a council in which students and representatives for various management functions take part.
What is the main decision making body of a company?
The Board of Directors (BOD) is the decision-making body for corporate strategy and management. The BOD guides and oversees the overall business operations and makes decisions on significant strategic issues.
What is mean by decentralization of authority?
‘Decentralisation of Authority’ refers to the dispersal of authority for decision-making in various levels of organisational operations throughout the organisation.
What are the benefits and limitations of planning and goal setting?
Setting goals has several advantages, but this type of planning also has some disadvantages.
- Clear Plans. Goals help people develop clear plans for what they want to achieve and how they will accomplish those achievements.
- Increased Awareness.
- Specific Priorities.
- Sense of Failure.
Which of the following is not the internal elements of limitations of planning?
Natural calamities such as flood, earthquake, famine etc. may result in failure of plan. (ii) Change in competitors’ policies: Sometimes plan may fail due to better policies, product and strategy of competitor which was not expected by manager.
How can organizations improve decision making?
Techniques for Making Better Nonprogrammed Decisions
- Recognize that a decision needs to be made.
- Generate multiple alternatives.
- Analyze the alternatives.
- Select an alternative.
- Implement the selected alternative.
- Evaluate its effectiveness.
What is an example of centralization?
Centralized Organizations Centralization is a business structure in which one individual makes the important decisions (such as resource allocation) and provides the primary strategic direction for the company. Apple is an example of a business with a centralized management structure.
What is the process of Decentralisation?
Decentralization or decentralisation is the process by which the activities of an organization, particularly those regarding planning and decision making, are distributed or delegated away from a central, authoritative location or group.
What is centralization and its advantages and disadvantages?
In a centralized organization, decisions are made by a small group of people and then communicated to the lower-level managers. The involvement of only a few people makes the decision-making process more efficient since they can discuss the details of each decision in one meeting.
What are the factors influencing centralization and decentralization?
The degree of decentralization is determined by a large number of factors and some of them are briefed below:
- Size and Complexity of the organization.
- History of the organization.
- Availability of competent managers.
- Top management outlook.
- Control techniques.
- Planning pattern.
- Rate of change in the organization.
How does decision making affect your life?
The bigger the decision, the more life-changing the chain of events will be for the decision-maker and others around them. The impact can be positive or negative, but there is always a consequence. If you are in an abusive or disrespectful relationship, making a clear choice to leave will have lasting consequences.
What are the steps in the decision making process?
- Step 1: Identify the decision. You realize that you need to make a decision.
- Step 2: Gather relevant information.
- Step 3: Identify the alternatives.
- Step 4: Weigh the evidence.
- Step 5: Choose among alternatives.
- Step 6: Take action.
- Step 7: Review your decision & its consequences.
Which one of the following is a limitation of planning?
Answer: Two limitations of planning are as follows: (i) Planning leads to rigidity In an organisation, a well-defined plan is drawn up with specific goals to be achieved within a specific time frame. These plans then decide the future course of action and managers may not be in a position to change it.