What are CAS requirements?
A CAS experience must: • fit within one or more of the CAS strands • be based on a personal interest, skill, talent or opportunity for growth • provide opportunities to develop the attributes of the IB learner profile • not be used or included in the student’s DP course requirements.
How many reflections are in a CAS project?
How do I get CAS creativity hours?
- Take up baking.
- Take up cooking.
- Take up vegan cooking.
- Create a recipe book for your latest bakes.
- Start a YouTube channel for your cookery.
- Host a supper club.
- Take up knitting.
- Make your own clothes/accessories – check out this video for some inspiration!
How many words should a CAS reflection be?
What is a CAS project IB?
A CAS project is a collaborative, well-considered series of sequential CAS experiences, engaging students in one or more of the CAS strands of creativity, activity, and service. Students work as part of a team, with all members being contributors.
Why is CAS important in IB?
What is the significance of CAS? CAS enables students to enhance their personal and interpersonal development by learning through experience. It provides opportunities for self-determination and collaboration with others, fostering a sense of accomplishment and enjoyment from their work.
How do you plan a CAS project?
These should involve:
- real, purposeful activities, with significant outcomes.
- personal challenge.
- thoughtful consideration, such as planning, reviewing progress, reporting.
- reflection on outcomes and personal learning.
What are the CAS requirements for IB?
King Pre-IB Guidelines for Freshmen and Sophomores
- Students must earn 50 CAS hours and completed as follows: 25 service hours.
- Freshmen should complete 25 hours, any combination, by the end of freshmen year.
- Sophomores must complete 50 hours of the required CAS combination (see above) prior to 2nd semester exam week.
Does tutoring count as CAS?
Well, this is a broad one. Well, this is a broad one. In short, anything that is unpaid can count as “service” as long as you can explain how it meets IB CAS requirements. This might be volunteering, tutoring (free), street litter collection, or whatever other charitable event/action.
What is a knowledge question example?
Examples of a knowledge questions: How can a model provide us knowledge about the future? To what extent do our biases cloud the truth? At what point does a belief become knowledge?