How do you write an undecided major essay?
Tips for Writing the “Why This Major” Essay When You’re Undecided
- Pick your top 2-3 potential majors and describe your interest in them.
- Explain how the topics are connected, if relevant.
- Share your professional plans and ideas.
- Outline how the school can help you achieve your goals.
Why are you interested in your first choice major?
Oftentimes, students have personal reasons for choosing their first choice major that go beyond professional prestige, money, academic interests, or hobbies. Common cases include students who have experienced illness or injury or support a loved one living with chronic conditions or substance abuse.
How do you come up with a topic?
Brainstorm a List of Ideas. Write down a list of ideas that come to mind. They don’t have to be good ideas, but it’s good to just start writing a list to get your ideas flowing. Just write down everything you can think of; you can evaluate the ideas later.
How do you make a good thesis topic?
How to Choose Your Thesis Topic
- Identify something you are interested in or passionate about. You decided to study in this program for a reason, so remind yourself constantly what topics you find appealing inside this field.
- Discuss your interests with people.
- Talk to the faculty.
- Use your class assignments to develop your interests.
Why did you choose this college sample answer?
Example Answer: Community College I chose community college because I was supporting myself, and I wanted a college that was both flexible and affordable. While I was attending classes, I was also working 30 hours a week, but I still managed to get my associate degree in two and a half years.
How do I write why I Major?
Tips for Writing the “Why This Major?” Essay
- Share how your academic interest developed. The first step in crafting an effective “Why This Major?” essay example is explaining your emotional resonance with the subject, and your background in it.
- Detail your reasoning and goals.
- Explain your school choice.