How do you do a MLA works cited page?
- Begin your Works Cited page on a separate page at the end of your research paper.
- Label the page Works Cited (do not italicize the words Works Cited or put them in quotation marks) and center the words Works Cited at the top of the page.
- Double space all citations, but do not skip spaces between entries.
How do you write a works cited page?
Format of the Works Cited page
- Title the page Works Cited, centred and in plain text (no italics, bold or underline).
- Alphabetize the entries by the author’s last name.
- Use left alignment and double line spacing (no extra space between entries).
- Use a hanging indent on entries that run over one line.
How do you do scholarly research?
Basic Steps in the Research Process
- Step 1: Identify and develop your topic. Selecting a topic can be the most challenging part of a research assignment.
- Step 2 : Do a preliminary search for information.
- Step 3: Locate materials.
- Step 4: Evaluate your sources.
- Step 5: Make notes.
- Step 6: Write your paper.
- Step 7: Cite your sources properly.
- Step 8: Proofread.
How do you organize a works cited page?
- When using MLA style, organize your Works Cited by the last names of the authors (or editors).
- If a work has no author or editor, alphabetize by the first word of the title other than a, an, or the.
How do you write a scholarly paper in APA format?
APA Research Paper Formatting Guidelines
- The text should be typed on standard 8.5″ x 11″ white paper.
- The APA style requires using an easy-to-read font, recommending size 12, Times New Roman font.
- Double spacing is required on both the title page and throughout the paper.
- Margins should be 1″ on all sides of the page.
What is a MLA citation?
MLA stands for the Modern Language Association, which is an organization that focuses on language and literature. There are other styles, such as APA format and Chicago citation style, but MLA format is often used for literature, language, liberal arts, and other humanities subjects.
How should references on a work cited page be arranged?
The majority of references are organized in alphabetical order by the first item in the reference, which is usually an author’s last name. When a source doesn’t have an author, the title is placed first in the reference.