How do I make paragraphs in Word?
Right-click the first paragraph and choose Paragraph from the shortcut menu. (You can also open this menu by selecting Paragraph from the Format menu). Click the down arrow to open the line spacing drop-down list and choose Double. You can see the change in the preview box.
How do you indent a list?
Simply enter your first list as you normally would and then do the following:
- Click any number in the list to select the entire list.
- Right-click the selection and choose Adjust List Indents.
- In the resulting dialog, set the Number Position setting to 0 (which represents the left margin).
- Set Text Indent to .
- Click OK.
How do I indent the first line in Word?
First-line indent by default
- Put the cursor anywhere in the paragraph.
- On the Home tab, right-click the Normal style, and choose Modify.
- Select Format, and then choose Paragraph.
- On the Indents and Spacing tab, under Indentation, select First line.
- Select OK.
- Select OK again.
How do you indent the second line of a bullet point?
For Word 2016:
- Highlight you bulleted list and right click.
- Select Adjust List Indents from the pop up menu.
- Under Follow number with: select Space and hit OK.
What is CMS format?
The Chicago Manual of Style (CMS) is the preferred formatting and style guidelines used by the disciplines of history, philosophy, religion, and the arts. The CMS was first developed by the University of Chicago Press in 1906 as guidelines for consistent writing and publishing formatting.
How do I align references in Word?
It’s easier done than said (works for Word on PC or MAC):
- Place your cursor at the beginning of your citation, and highlight it.
- Right click your mouse.
- Select Paragraph from the resulting pop up menu.
- Under Indentation, use the Special pull-down menu to select hanging.
- Use the By menu to select 0.5″
How do I indent bullet points in Word?
Change bullet indents
- Select the bullets in the list by clicking a bullet.
- Right-click, and then click Adjust List Indents.
- Change the distance of the bullet indent from the margin by clicking the arrows in the Bullet position box, or change the distance between the bullet and the text by clicking the arrows in the Text indent box.
How do you indent on Google Docs?
How to Create a Hanging Indent in Google Docs
- First, select the text you want to indent. You can highlight one or multiple paragraphs.
- Now, drag the First Line Indent marker (the light blue rectangle) back to the left margin.
- And there you go! Your hanging indent is created.