How do I enable state server?
Enable the Service
- On your state server, click Start and then Run…. Type services.
- Locate the ASP.NET State Service and check the Startup Type property.
- Right-click on it, and select Properties.
- Change the Startup Type to Automatic, then click Apply.
What is session state in Web config?
config configuration file identified by the sessionState tag. When a new client begins interacting with a Web application, a session ID is issued and associated with all the subsequent requests from the same client during the time that the session is valid.
What is the advantage of state server session mode?
Advantages of InProc Session State Mode It stores the session data on the server so it is fast. In this mode, it is not necessary to serialize and de-serialize to store and retrieve data in the session variables.
What is sessionState timeout in web config?
timeout attribute of sessionState element (in the web. config) can be used to change session timeout duration for ASP.NET Application. timeout value is specified in minutes. Default value is 20 minutes.
How do I enable state server in Windows 10?
In the details pane, right-click ASP.NET State Service, and then click Properties. On the General tab, in the Startup type list box, click Automatic. Under Service status, click Start, and then click OK. The state service starts automatically when the Web server is restarted.
What is the web config file used for?
A configuration file (web. config) is used to manage various settings that define a website. The settings are stored in XML files that are separate from your application code. In this way you can configure settings independently from your code.
How do I enable session state in IIS?
To enable in-process session state by using the UI
- Open IIS Manager and navigate to the level you want to manage.
- In Features View, double-click Session State.
- On the Session State page, in the Session State Mode Settings area, click In process.
What are the main disadvantages of using session in a Web application?
Disadvantages: 1. Performance overhead in case of large number of user, because of session data stored in server memory. 2. Overhead involved in serializing and De-Serializing session data because in case of StateServer and SQLServer session mode we need to serialize the object before store.
How do I set request timeout in Web config?
Method 1: Set the ExecutionTimeout attribute value in the Web. config file
- Open the web. config file in Notepad.
- Add the element in the section as follows: XML Copy.
- Modify the value of the executionTimeout attribute to avoid time-out errors.
- Save the web. config file.