Can you Uninstall Internet Explorer Windows 10?
You would think that, because Windows 10 comes with Microsoft Edge preinstalled, you’d be able to ditch Internet Explorer. But you’d be wrong. Because Internet Explorer 11 comes preinstalled on Windows 10 — and no, you can’t uninstall it.
How do I completely Uninstall Internet Explorer?
How to Uninstall Internet Explorer via Programs and Features
- Open Settings.
- Enter app settings.
- Open Programs and Features.
- Click “Turn Windows features on or off”
- Untick “Internet Explorer 11”
- Confirm your choice.
- Uninstall Internet Explorer.
- Restart your PC so Windows 10 can fully remove Internet Explorer.
Can I Uninstall Internet Explorer and reinstall it?
Under Programs and Features, select View installed updates on left pane. Under Uninstall an update list, select applicable Internet Explorer version from the list (Internet Explorer 11 or Windows Internet Explorer 9) and select Yes to confirm uninstallation and restart your system to complete the process.
How do I Uninstall and reinstall Internet Explorer on Windows 10?
Run the Settings app and click on Apps.
- On the resulting Apps & Features page, click on Manage optional features.
- The list of optional features currently installed may take a few seconds to populate.
- Clicking on Internet Explorer exposes an Uninstall button; click on that.
How do I go back to Internet Explorer 10?
- Go to Control Panel -> Programs -> Programs and features.
- Go to Windows Features and disable Internet Explorer 11.
- Then click on Display installed updates.
- Search for Internet explorer.
- Right-click on Internet Explorer 11 -> Uninstall.
- Do the same with Internet Explorer 10.
- Restart your computer.
How do I get Internet Explorer back on Windows 10?
If you can’t find Internet Explorer on your device, you’ll need to add it as a feature. Select Start > Search , and enter Windows features. Select Turn Windows features on or off from the results and make sure the box next to Internet Explorer 11 is selected. Select OK, and restart your device.
How do I go back to Edge from Internet Explorer?
In the Microsoft Edge browser, click the More actions icon and then click Open with Internet Explorer.
How do I revert back to Internet Explorer?
– Click Control Panel. – Click Programs. – From the Programs and Features, click View installed updates. – Locate Internet Explorer 11 by scrolling at the Uninstall an update window or by typing Internet Explorer at the Search install Updates box.
How do I revert to an older version of Internet Explorer?
See: “How do I install or uninstall Internet Explorer 9?”….want to go back to older version of internet explorer
- Click the Start button, type Programs and Features in the search box, and then click View installed updates in the left pane.
- Under Uninstall an update, scroll down to the Microsoft Windows section.
How do I uninstall Internet Explorer 10 from my computer?
Please read my instructions carefully line by line. Start button > in the search box, type programs and features > Enter > left side, click View Installed Updates > scroll down to find Windows Internet Explorer 10 > right click > click Uninstall. Restart computer.
How to fix Internet Explorer 11 not working on Windows 10?
1 Open Settings. 2 Click on Apps. 3 Click on Apps & features. 4 On the right pane, under “Related settings,” click the Program and Features option. 5 On the left pane, click the Turn Windows features on or off option. 6 Clear the Internet Explorer 11 option. 7 Click the OK button. 8 Click the Yes button to confirm. 9 Click the Restart now button.
How do I restore a backup file in Windows 10?
Click on Start > Run. In the box, type: services.msc. Click on OK. Right click on Backup Exec System Recovery. Click Stop. Close the Windows Services console. Click on Start > Run. In the box, type: taskmgr.exe.
How do I turn off Internet Explorer 11?
Hi there Jerry_Dwyer, I will be your Independent Advisor for today, I hope we can both resolve your problem. Please navigate to the Start Menu, open the Control Panel, then go to Programs and features, on the right side click on Turn Windows Features on or off, Un-check Internet Explorer 11 then click Okay and then restart your PC.