What does Renderable text mean?
Renderable text is editable text that exists within the PDF file. Acrobat cannot perform OCR on a document that contains renderable text.
What is Renderable text in Adobe?
“Renderable text” is the text you’d have as PDF page content when you output a PDF from an authoring file (say an MS Word file). OCR can only function on a PDF page that has only an image of text.
How do I get rid of Renderable text?
From the “Protection” menu run “Sanitize Document”. This will remove all of the document metadata including some of the rendered text that might be causing the error. Re-run the OCR process.
How do I get Adobe Acrobat to recognize text?
Open a PDF file containing a scanned image in Acrobat for Mac or PC. Click on the “Edit PDF” tool in the right pane. Acrobat automatically applies optical character recognition (OCR) to your document and converts it to a fully editable copy of your PDF. Click the text element you wish to edit and start typing.
How do you fix OCR?
Correcting OCR Text in Acrobat
- Click in the Search field and type “Correct”
- Click Correct Recognized Text.
- The Correct Text function appears. Enable Review Recognized text. Select a suspect on the page. It will be highlighted in red. Enter the correct text for the error. Click the Accept button.
How do I fix OCR errors?
How to correct OCR errors
- Open your OCR’d document in Acrobat. In the right-hand Tools panel search for “Correct” and select the Correct Recognized Text option beneath Enhance Scans.
- The Correct Text function will appear at the top of your screen. Check Review recognized text.
How do I make PDF text searchable on Mac?
Go to Tools>Enhance Scans>Recognize Text>In This File. Click Recognize Text and Adobe will start to process OCR on the document. Go to File>Save, you will find the PDF is searchable on mac.
How do I OCR a PDF on a Mac?
Steps to OCR PDF on Mac with Adobe
- Open PDF with Adobe Acrobat.
- Go to Tools> Enhance Scans, select “Enhance”, you can choose to OCR all pages or current page, then all the PDF text is searchable and selectable, also you can right click on the text to choose “Edit Text” within the program.
Is Renderable text searchable?
Renderable text (i.e., searchable text) is created when you create a PDF document from a MS Word document that contains text. When the PDF document is modified and saved using the Print to PDF option twice on a document, the original text in the document is no longer searchable.
What is an OCR error?
OCR Error Types. OCR accuracy is negatively influenced by poor image quality (e.g., scanning resolution, noise) and any mismatch between the instances on which the character image classi- fier was trained and the rendering of the characters in the printed document (e.g., font, size, spacing).
Does Mac Have OCR?
While the Preview app on macOS can handle basic editing of PDFs and other documents, it doesn’t have OCR software built-in.
What is renderable text in PDFs?
Renderable text is editable text that exists within the PDF file. Acrobat cannot perform OCR on a document that contains renderable text. For more information about OCR, see the Complete Acrobat Help.
Why am I getting a “renderable text” error message?
When working with PDF documents you may encounter a “ renderable text ” error message. This message will sometimes occur when trying to make a scanned paper PDF file text searchable (also know as adding OCR to a document). Depending on the version of Acrobat you have, the message may read something like:
How do I get rid of renderable text on a PDF?
If you have Acrobat installed (Standard or Pro) you’ll probably also have access to an “Acrobat PDF” virtual printer. By printing the document to this virtual printer, the new PDF that is created will often avoid having the renderable text issue.