What are the lead roles in Swan Lake?
- Princess Odette (the Swan Queen and the White Swan or also the Swan Princess), a beautiful Princess, who has been transformed into a white swan.
- Prince Siegfried, a handsome Prince who falls in love with Odette.
- Baron Von Rothbart, an evil sorcerer, who has enchanted Odette.
Who is the dancing swan?
The Dying Swan (originally The Swan) is a solo dance choreographed by Mikhail Fokine to Camille Saint-Saëns’s Le Cygne from Le Carnaval des animaux as a pièce d’occasion for the ballerina Anna Pavlova, who performed it about 4,000 times.
Are Odette and Odile the same person?
Because the character of Odile is actually the evil Von Rothbart’s daughter magically disguised as Odette, the two roles are most often portrayed by the same dancer, but occasionally they are danced by two different dancers in the same performance.
What are the names of the swans in Swan Lake?
Swan Lake Plot & Roles
- Odette: aka, the White Swan, previously a Princess.
- Odile: aka, the Black Swan, daughter to Rothbart.
- Prince Siegfried: In love with Odette.
- The Queen: Mother to Siegfried.
- Rothbart: Father to Odile.
What is the story behind Swan Lake?
Swan Lake is the love story of Prince Siegfried, who on a hunting trip encounters a flock of swans, falls in love with the Swan Queen, Odette, and swears his allegiance and undying love to her. As a result of a curse by the evil sorcerer Baron von Rothbart, Odette can only take human form between midnight and daybreak.
What is the Black Swan’s name?
|Cygnus atratus (Latham, 1790)
What is the iconic song from Swan Lake?
The Black Swan pas de deux. This piece of choreography is one of the most famous in the repertory, renowned for both its technical difficulty and its dramatic cohesion.
What is the main Swan Lake song called?
Tchaikovsky – Swan Lake (Swan Theme) – YouTube.
Is Clara the sugar plum?
Already famous as a ballerina, Clara is presented to the Tsar and Tsarina at an imperial ball. As prima ballerina, she makes a triumphant debut as the Sugar Plum Fairy in The Nutcracker.