Is it worth visiting Corfu town?
Corfu Town is Corfu’s biggest and most cosmopolitan town. Better still, its Old Town is a certified UNESCO World Heritage Site because of its abundant history and beautiful architecture. Lovers of history and beauty will consider the Old Town reason enough to visit the island of Corfu.
What is the best town to stay in Corfu?
Best area to stay in Corfu for families
- Palaiokastritsa (relaxing for middle-aged couples)
- Sidari (beach & fun for young couples)
- Corfu Town (history and best in shoulder seasons)
- Kavos (best nightlife in the island)
- Palaiokastritsa (plenty of beaches around)
- Agios Gordios (wide long sandy beach)
Is Corfu Town nice?
Corfu Town is beautiful, magical, colorful, enchanting, and down-right special! Corfu Town is most definitely a tourist destination so the shops all hold the same made-in-China goods you find at any other tourist place, however, the shop fronts are at least in keeping with the style of the old city feeling.
Is Corfu town a party place?
Corfu Town’s disco strip is great for a night on the cocktails and party tunes, though there’s plenty of great bars and clubs on the coast in areas such as Ipsos, Sidari, and Dassia. If you want to hang out with the young crowd and enjoy a night of absolute debauchery then head straight for Kavos.
Which is the nicest part of Corfu?
Where to Stay in Corfu: 18 Best Areas
- Liapades, a popular resort for nature and beach lovers.
- Glyfada, for an away from it all beach holiday.
- Agios Gordios, busy family beach days and relaxing evenings.
- Benitses, a popular resort where to stay in Corfu for all ages.
- Kavos, a resort where you can party 24/7.
Where is the strip in Corfu?
The Kavos strip is located in the south of the island of Corfu, when looking for holidays make sure you get hotels that are close to the strip, as there are some that are a little further out. Kavos is around an hour drive from Corfu airport. Be aware that some transfers may take longer if there’s a few drop offs!
What is the best resort in Corfu?
7 of the best resorts in Corfu
- Sidari: Best for families.
- Kassiopi: Best for couples.
- Ipsos: Best for travellers on a budget.
- Kavos: Best for those looking for good nightlife.
- Dassia: Best for culture.
- Arillas: Best for those looking for a quieter place to stay.
- Agios Georgios North: Best all-rounder.