How do I add a DNS zone to another domain?
Create a new zone using your external domain name.
- Open DNS console.
- Click on Forward Lookup Zones.
- Right-click, choose new Zone, type in the name of the external domain name (srb1.com).
- Once created, right-click the zone you just created, choose New Host Record.
How do you create a new zone?
Add New DNS Zone (Forward Lookup Zone)
- Right-click on Forward Lookup Zones and click on New Zone.
- Click on Next.
- Select zone type as Primary zone and click on Next.
- Type your domain name in New Zone Wizard dialog box eg.
- Select Create a new file with this file name option under Zone File.
How do I find my DNS zone?
Find the DNS host Go to https://who.is/ and search for your domain. In the search results, the section labeled Name Servers shows the location of your DNS host.
Which DNS zone is mostly used on Internet?
DNS Root Zone —is the primary DNS zone. Since 2016, the root zone is overseen by the Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers (ICANN), which delegates management to a subsidiary acting as the Internet Assigned Numbers Authority (IANA).
How do I create a primary zone in DNS?
Add a primary DNS zone
- Go to > DNS SOLUTIONS > Edge DNS.
- On the main Zone list page, click Add zone to display the Add zone page.
- Enter the settings you want for your primary zone:
- Click Create zone.
- To continue by adding records to create your record set, see Add new record set.
How can I create a DNS server?
Configuring DNS on the User Interface
- Access Configure > DNS > Servers to create or delete virtual DNS servers and records.
- To add a new DNS server, click the Create button.
- To add a new DNS record, from the Configure DNS Records page, click the Add Record button in the lower right portion of the screen.
How do I get a copy of my DNS zone?
- Sign into the Account Center.
- Click the domain you want to edit.
- Under DNS & ZONE FILES, click on Edit DNS Zone File.
- Scroll to the bottom of your Edit DNS Zone file page and you should see an option to EXPORT ZONE FILE.
- A . txt version of your zone files will be downloaded.
What is DNS stub zone?
A stub zone is a copy of a Domain Name System (DNS) zone that contains only resource records that identify the DNS servers for that zone. You can add either a forward lookup zone or a reverse lookup zone. You can add either an Active Directory-integrated zone or a file-backed zone.