What does interpretation mean in music?
To interpret music, you use similar tools: you might demonstrate that a musical phrase is ending by slowing down a tiny bit and bringing the volume down. Or you might help the audience hear what you believe is a warlike quality in a certain passage by using bombastic accents and a strict, military-inspired tempo.
What does repertoire mean in music?
: all the plays, songs, dances, etc., that a performer or group of performers knows and can perform. : all the things that a person is able to do. See the full definition for repertoire in the English Language Learners Dictionary.
What is interpretation in vocal music?
Musical interpretation is, in a word, storytelling. In a story, there are characters—in music, themes. When we play a solo work, we’re like a narrator telling the story. When we play with other musicians, each one is akin to an actor on the stage.
What are the different musical elements?
For the purpose of this class, we will refer to SEVEN elements of music: Rhythm, Melody, Harmony, Timbre, Dynamics, Texture, and Form.
What is interpretation example?
The definition of an interpretation is an explanation of a view of a person, place, work, thing, etc. An example of interpretation is a feminist perspective on a work of literature. noun. (countable) An act of interpreting or explaining what is obscure; a translation; a version; a construction.
Why is interpretation important in music?
Your interpretation. Interpretation can bring a piece of music to life and put an artist into the spotlight if executed well. Conversely, it can also become a byword for sloppiness and inconsistency, where musicians put their mistakes down to the excuse, “Oh, but it’s just my interpretation.”
What is repertoire and examples?
Repertoire is all the skills or remembered performances of a particular person. An example of repertoire is someone knowing all the songs to Grease, Les Miserables and Cabaret. An example of repertoire is the range of knots that a sailor can tie.
What is the meaning of superciliously?
English Language Learners Definition of supercilious : having or showing the proud and unpleasant attitude of people who think that they are better or more important than other people.
What are the 6 elements of music?
This series introduces the six key elements of music including rhythm, texture, dynamics, pitch, form, and timbre.
What are the 12 elements of music?
Terms in this set (12)
- form. the design of a work or section.
- instrumentation. the instruments / sound sources used to realise the music.
- tone colour. the quality of an instrumental, vocal or group sound/s.
- texture. the ways in which music parts and voices are combined and layered.
How do you use interpret?
Interpret in a Sentence 🔉
- The police officer could not interpret the deaf woman’s gestures.
- On the trip, we needed a guide to interpret the foreign language for us.
- The psychic claims she can interpret my dreams.
- Because the chart was not drawn correctly, the data is hard to interpret.
What are the different types of interpretation?
The 5 Main Types of Interpretation Services
- Consecutive Interpreting. With consecutive interpretation, speakers will talk for up to five minutes or longer before taking a break to allow interpretation to occur.
- Simultaneous Interpreting.
- Whisper Interpreting.
- Escort/Travel Interpreting.
- Over-the-phone interpreting.