How do you decorate an ottoman with a tray?
- Add different heights to draw the eye up for an interesting visual.
- Create a color palette with at least three complementary colors on the tray.
- Create harmony by adding similar items in each section of the tray.
- Add small objects, such as decorative boxes, vases, or exotic accessories, on top of books.
What goes on a ottoman tray?
Ottomans are large enough to use as a coffee table and perfect for serving trays, flowers, books, sculptures, boxes and candles to change the look of your room.
How do you style a rectangle ottoman?
Style an ottoman with multiple trays
- Try an eclectic mix of colors shapes sizes and patterns.
- Use a square, round or rectangular tray.
- Add organic materials of wood and fabric.
- Stack books that match your interest or hobby.
- Use found objects as accessories.
- Make a bold statement with oversized accessories.
What shape tray should you put on a round ottoman?
Your ottoman tray should be square or rectangular. These two shapes for ottoman trays as home decor offer a larger display surface plus more functionality. Oval or round trays are fashionable but fit fewer items. A square or rectangular shape also allows you to use the four-quadrant rule to display items easily.
How do you style an ottoman as a coffee table?
How to position and style coffee tables and ottomans
- Grab something square. To add foundation to your arrangement, use something square like a tray or book.
- Add some height. Give your coffee table some height and dimension with a vase of flowers or candle sticks.
- Give it some life.
- Use different shapes.
How do you display ottomans?
If you plan on using it to store living room accessories, the ottoman can go virtually anywhere – next to the sofa, in the corner of the room or adjacent to the entertainment system. If you’re using the ottoman as more of a statement piece, place it between your seating arrangement to mimic a coffee table.
Where should I put my ottoman in a small living room?