How do I fix Windows 7 search errors?
Open the Control Panel and under “System and Security”, select Find and fix problems. You need to be in Category view to see this. 4. Click Next and then check the box that says “Files Don’t Appear in Search Results” once the troubleshooter has finished detecting problems.
Was Error 183 Cannot create a file when that file already exists?
When starting the Laserfiche Server service, you may receive the following error message: 183: Cannot create a new file when that file already exists. This is a generic Windows Services error that is returned when a service cannot be successfully started. The Laserfiche Server license is invalid.
How do I reset Windows 7 Search settings?
Click on the “Customize” button on the Start menu tab. Click on “Use Default Settings” at the bottom to reset all options listed in the Customize menu. This will also reset the search feature.
How do I change my search settings in Windows 7?
Changing Search Options
- Click the Start button, and then click Documents.
- Click the Organize button on the toolbar, and then click Folder and search options.
- Click the Search tab.
- Select the What to search option you want.
- Select or clear the check boxes under How to search:
How do I fix Error 183?
- Close all application. Windows error 183 may occur when you are overwriting a file that is being used.
- Run DISM command and sfc /scannow command. Windows error 183 may also occur when a Windows files or registry is missing or corrupt.
- Test Hard disk drive.
- Reset Windows.
How do I fix error 183 in Adobe?
Still having trouble?
- Select More info in the error message.
- In the error log, look for the folder that caused the error.
- Do one of the following depending on your folder.
- Go to the Task Manager (Windows) or Activity Monitor (macOS) and close CCXProcess.
- Find the folder “Adobe Creative Cloud Experience” and delete it.
How do I enable Windows search indexing?
To change this setting, do the following:
- Press Windows Key + S and enter indexing. Select Indexing Options from the menu.
- Now you’ll see the list of indexed locations. Click on Modify button.
- Uncheck the locations that you don’t want to index and click on OK to save changes.
How do I turn my search index back on?
How to turn on indexing?
- Right click the start menu and go to Computer Management.
- The other place to check is Control Panel->Indexing Options (if you have the View By set to small/large icons in the control panel view)
How do I turn off indexing in Windows 7?
- Click on Start and type services.msc in the Search box (XP users will need to click on Start – Run and type services.msc there).
- Locate the Indexing Service (Windows XP) or Windows Search (Windows 7), change the service startup type to Disabled and then click on the Stop button.
Where is the Windows 7 search bar?
In Windows 7, you can find the Search box in the upper right corner of every folder. Try this by opening your Documents folder. Click in the search box and start typing your search term.