How much does it cost to become a truck driver in Ontario?
For the road test, you need hands-on training from any ministry accredited truck driving school. A list of ministry accredited schools available here. Truck driver training costs a minimum of $5000 these days. The training school will teach you in class and hands-on driving training.
How do I pay for truck driving school in Ontario?
How To Pay For Truck Driving School
- Method #1: Second Career.
- Method #2: Line of Credit.
- Method #3: Personal Loan.
- Method #4: 2nd Mortgage.
- Method #5: Borrowing Back Accelerated Mortgage Payments.
- Method #6: Credit Cards.
- Method #7: Targeted Initiative For Older Workers.
- Method #8: Canada-Ontario Job Grant.
How do I get my truck license in Ontario?
- be at least 18 years old.
- hold a valid Ontario licence other than G1, G2, M, M1 or M2.
- pass a vision test.
- submit a valid medical report.
- pass a knowledge test about operating large trucks and tractor-trailers.
- complete a mandatory entry level training course.
How long does it take to get a truck license in Canada?
– Canada’s future truck drivers will need to complete at least 103.5 hours of training to earn a Class 1/A licence — along with another 8.5 hours of training for an air brake endorsement — under standards that were approved on Friday by transportation and highway safety ministers.
How long is az course?
Duration: 104 hours over 5-8 weeks. This program includes all mandatory objectives set forth in the Ministry of Transportation’s Commercial Truck Driver Training Standard (Class A), released July 2016. Subjects of the program include: Employment in the Commercial Vehicle Industry.
Is truck driving a good career in Canada?
It is an excellent career choice for any newcomer to Canada, and there are many companies looking to hire foreigners and recent immigrants. The Canadian trucking industry is experiencing severe labour shortages and there are plenty of opportunities for work. A new career in long-haul truck driving could be yours.
What is truck driving course in Canada?
Our truck driving course incorporates a session with Canada Customs officials and the Ministry of Transportation to ensure you will be prepared for hauling goods across the border. This training is gives you an advantage when starting your new career as a truck driver.
Why choose ontontario truck driving school?
Ontario Truck Driving School has been active in the industry since 1978 and has the widest range of training programs and services in the industry. We are pleased to be working in partnership with industry leaders and government offices that work with our graduates after they have successfully completed their training.
What types of training courses are available for truck drivers?
Day, Evening and Weekend Courses are available. Full and part-time training courses are available. The D course includes our Air Brake Course, U.S. Driving Regulations, Log Book, Border Crossing, and Defensive Driving Courses as well as one-on-one in-truck training.
How do I choose a beginner driving school in Ontario?
Beginner driving schools in Ontario are regulated by MTO. Choosing a school is a personal choice. Choose carefully: You may want to check the list of driving schools that offer ministry-approved beginner driver education courses at the bottom of this page.