How do I insert comments in a Word document?
Insert a comment
- Select the text you want to comment on, or click at the end of the text.
- On the Review tab, click New Comment.
- Type your comment. Word shows your comment in a balloon in the document’s margin.
Why can I not add a comment in Word?
Word won’t allow you to add comments to text within a text box, as you can to regular text in your document. The first is to work around it by just adding hidden text in the text box. You can make the hidden text visible or invisible, as the need arises.
How do I insert a comment balloon in Word 2007?
Click the “Review” tab on the ribbon, and then click “New Comment.” Word creates a new comment and places it in a balloon; it may appear on the left or right side of the page, depending on your current document view.
Which menu is used to insert a comment?
Select the “Insert” tab form the ribbon menu, and select “Comment.” Alternatively, you can right-click the location you’ve selected and select “Insert Comment.”
How do you make comments appear as bubbles in Word?
Click the Review tab on the Ribbon, then click the Balloons command. In the drop down list, click on Show Revisions in Balloons or Show Only Comments and Formatting in Balloons.
How can we add comments to the changes made?
Adding comments to changes
- Make the change to the spreadsheet.
- Select the cell with the change.
- Choose Edit > Changes > Comments. The dialog shown below appears. The automatically-added comment provided by Calc appears in the title bar of this dialog and cannot be edited.
- Type your own comment and click OK.
How do you reply to comments in a Word document?
To reply to a comment:
- Hover over the comment you wish to reply to.
- Click the reply icon in the upper right corner of the comment box.
- A reply field will appear with your name attached. Type your reply in the field.
- Click away or press Escape to complete the reply.
How do I see all comments in a Word document?
To view all comments, no matter which document view is chosen, summon the Reviewing pane: Click the Review tab, and in the Tracking group, click the Reviewing Pane button. Choose either the horizontal or vertical display to summon the Reviewing pane and peruse comments as well as text revisions.
How do I list all comments in a Word document?
How to show all comment lines in your Word Document
- Open the Word document.
- In the toolbar, click Review.
- Find and click Tracking.
- Tick All Markups.
How do I edit comments in a Word document?
How to edit a comment in Microsoft Word documents
- Open the Word document.
- Make all comments visible.
- Click in the comment.
- Edit the text for that comment.
- Click out of the comment to save changes.