How do I archive sent items in Outlook 2013?
To begin archiving your email, click the “File” tab on the ribbon. On the Account Information screen, click the “Cleanup Tool” button next to “Mailbox Cleanup.” Select “Archive…” from the drop-down menu. The Archive dialog box displays.
Do Sent Items get archived in Outlook?
Outlook now saves all sent messages directly to the IMAP sent folder, giving you access to sent messages from all devices. To prevent this change from affecting your mailbox, you can create a custom rule to automatically archive your sent messages.
Where are the auto archive settings in Outlook 2013?
Setting up AutoArchiving
- In the main Outlook 2013 window, click on the File tab and click on the Options button. The Outlook Options dialog box will appear.
- Click on the Advanced button in the Navigation pane on the left.
- In the AutoArchive section, click on the AutoArchive Settings button.
Can I archive sent items?
You can not archive from Sent Mail (it’s not the Inbox), and if you are not careful, deleting a conversation from Sent Mail will delete it from everywhere. In summary: folders are something you put messages in, therefore a message can only be in one folder at a time.
How do I manually archive in Outlook 2013?
To manually archive messages, follow these steps:
- Click the File tab.
- Click Info.
- Click Cleanup Tools (see Figure 5.16).
- Click Archive to open the Archive dialog box shown in Figure 5.17.
- Click the folder you want to archive.
- Choose a cutoff date, such as items older than 6 months.
How do I set up archive in Outlook?
2. Manual archiving
- In Outlook, open the File menu tab, then click on the Cleanup Tools button.
- Click on Archive… in the drop-down menu.
- In the Archive dialogue box, choose the settings you want: – Select the Archive this folder and all subfolders button so as to choose the folders you want to archive.
How does auto archive work in Outlook?
AutoArchive is a feature in Outlook that moves old mail and other items to a separate personal folder ( . pst ) file on your computer’s hard drive, or a workgroup or departmental server. By default, it will prompt you before archiving items every 14 days and delete expired email messages from your mailbox.
How do I retrieve archived emails from Outlook?
How to Access the Outlook Online Archive Folder
- Go to Outlook and log in to your Outlook email account.
- Select the arrow next to Folders to expand the Outlook folders list if folders are not visible.
- Select Archive in the left pane under Folders. Your archived emails will appear.
What is auto archive Outlook 2013?
AutoArchive moves items from their original location in Outlook to an archive file folder when they expire, that is, when they pass the set aging period. You can also set options for items to be deleted when they expire. The first time that you run Outlook, AutoArchive is turned on by default and runs every 14 days.
How do I archive sent emails in Outlook?
To manually archive Outlook items, do the following:
- Click the File tab.
- Click Cleanup Tools.
- Click Archive.
- Click the Archive this folder and all subfolders option, and then click the folder that you want to archive.
- Under Archive items older than, enter a date.
What is auto archive in Outlook?
AutoArchive helps manage the space in your mailbox or on the e-mail server that you are using by automatically moving items to an archive location. Moves items from their original location, generally one of your active folders, to an archive folder.