How configure SQuirreL SQL Client for DB2?
Setup connection to DB2 database
- To set up your first DB2 database connection on SQuirreL SQL Client, select the “Aliases” tab and click icon, to add new database connection.
- From “Driver pull down list select “IBM DB2 App Driver”.
- Choose “Name” for you connection ie. the database name you are connecting to.
How do I run SQuirreL SQL Client in Windows?
1. Install SQuirreL SQL Client
- Install the SQuirreL SQL Client under Windows or Linux: java -jar squirrel-sql–install.jar.
- During the graphical installation provide an installation path and select a base or standard install as required.
- Shortcuts to SQuirreL can be created on the desktop and in the Start menu.
How do I download SQuirreL SQL Client?
On Windows, execute the file squirrel-sql….The most important downloads are:
- Install jar of SQuirreL 4.3. 0 for Windows/Linux/others.
- Install jar of SQuirreL 4.3. 0 for MacOS X.
- Install jars of latest snapshots.
- Plain zips the latest release for Windows/Linux/MacOS X/others.
- Overview of all available downloads.
What is the use of SQuirreL SQL Client?
SQuirreL SQL Client is a program written in Java that allows you to view the contents of a database, issue SQL commands, and as you will see, perform a number of other functions. The graphical front end is built to support JDBC-compliant databases.
How do I run a DB2 query?
This tutorial teaches you how to create and run a DB2® SQL query by using the SQL Query Builder….Audience
- Create and connect to the VIDEOS database.
- Create a SELECT statement.
- Add tables to the statement.
- Add table aliases.
- Specify the result columns.
- Add joins, a query condition, and a GROUP BY clause.
- Run the DB2 SQL query.
How do I add a SQuirreL driver?
Adding a driver entry in SQuirreL SQL Open SQuirreL SQL and select the “Drivers” tab on the left side of the window. Click the “+” icon to create a new driver entry. In the “Add Driver” dialog box, select the “Extra Class Path” tab, and click “Add” to add a new entry for the the Caché JDBC driver JAR file.
How do you set up a SQuirreL?
- Download the DB2 Driver from the IBM Website and extract the ZIP archive.
- Use db2jcc4.jar and copy it into the squirrel folder e.g. plugins/db2.
- In der Driver in the tab “Extra Class Path” add the db2jcc4.jar file.
- Change the class name to com.ibm.db2.jcc.DB2Driver.
How do I run a squirrel in SQL?
Add the JDBC Driver for Access
- In Squirrel SQL, click Windows -> View Drivers.
- Click the plus icon to open the Add Driver wizard.
- In the Name box, enter a user-friendly name for the driver; for example, CData JDBC Driver for Access.
- In the Example URL box, enter jdbc:access:
- In the Extra Class Path tab, click Add.
What type of SQL does squirrel use?
SQuirreL SQL uses the GNU General Public License v2. 0, the most popular option for open-source software. The software is available in a dozen different languages, including English, Spanish, French, German, Russian, Portuguese, and Chinese.
How to set up DB2 app driver on SQuirreL SQL client?
Highlight “Extra Class Path” tab and click “Add” to add the db2jcc4.jar you have earlier stored to you computer. To set up your first DB2 database connection on SQuirreL SQL Client, select the “Aliases” tab and click icon, to add new database connection. From “Driver pull down list select “IBM DB2 App Driver”.
How do I use SQuirreL SQL client?
Using SQuirreL. When you start up SQuirreL SQL Client, you’ll see a Drivers window that shows you the myriad of databases that the Client supports. SQuirreL intelligently detects if the JDBC driver for a given database is in your classpath; if not, you’ll see an “X” next to the driver.
How do I add a JDBC driver to SQuirreL SQL?
In Squirrel SQL, click Windows -> View Drivers. Click the plus icon to open the Add Driver wizard. In the Name box, enter a user-friendly name for the driver; for example, CData JDBC Driver for DB2. In the Example URL box, enter jdbc:db2:
How do I connect to a DB2 database using the driver?
In the Driver properties tab of the dialog that appears, select the Use driver properties checkbox. In the Specify column, select the checkboxes for the required connection properties. In the dialog that appears after you click OK, click connect to test the connection. After the metadata has loaded, a new tab for the DB2 data source is displayed.