What is on hook dialing?
The On Hook Dial function allows you to dial while listening to the tone from the internal speaker. You can send a fax checking the connection. This function is not available for Internet Fax, IP-Fax, and transmission to e-mail/folder destinations.
What are the buttons on the Avaya phone?
Telephone Feature Buttons Table
|Button Name||Button Label||Maximum|
|busy-ind (TAC/Ext: __)||Busy||1 per TAC/Ext|
|call-appr||extension||Depends on station type|
|call-disp||Return Call||1 per station|
|call-fwd (Ext: ___)||CFrwd (Ext #) Call Forward (no ext #)||64 per extension|
What is on hook and off-hook in telephone?
Example 19.4. A telephone has the attributes of off-hook (TRUE, FALSE), connected (TRUE, FALSE), dialing (TRUE, FALSE), tone (dial tone, engaged, ringing, error, dead or none), and bell (ON, OFF). The events that are possible and the transitions that they cause depend on the current state of the phone.
What is off-hook button?
For most corded phones, off-hook refers to simply lifting the handset off the base to enable dial tone. For most cordless phones, off-hook refers to pressing the Flash, Phone, or Talk key on the phone to get a dial tone.
How do you dial out on a office phone?
To make a long distance or international business call from an office landline phone:
- Dial 9 to access an outside line.
- Dial 1 for domestic calls, or 011 for international calls.
- Dial the area code for domestic calls, or the country code (and the city code, if required) for an international call.
What is intercom button on Avaya phone?
Answer. Intercom is where a call is placed to a compatible* phone and the call is is automatically answered in handsfree mode, enabling immediate 2 way conversation.
How do I change the speed dial on my Avaya phone?
Add A Speed Dial Entry
- Press one of the 4 soft grey buttons, located under the display screen of the phone.
- Press the ‘SpDial’ button.
- Press the ‘Add’ button.
- Type the Name & Phone Number for the new speed dial entry.
- Press Save and then press Done.