How do I move a subsite to a collection?
Right-click on Test 1 and click on Move. It will open a pop-up to select a destination site. Select Test2 and press OK. It will take some time to move the site from one subsite to another.
How do I Backup my subsite?
You can also export a Subsite from SharePoint 2010/2013/2016 Central Administration via “Export a site or list” capability. Go to SharePoint Central Administration >> Backup and Restore >> Click on the “Export a site or list” link under the “Granular Backup” group.
How do I move a subsite to another site?
Move SubSite to another Site (subsite) using Content and Structure:
- Go to Site Settings >> Click on “Content and structure” Link under Site Administration.
- Select your Site to Move >> Click on Actions >> Choose Move.
- Select the Target Site to Move your site, Click OK to start move operation.
How do I Backup a SharePoint site using PowerShell?
Open SharePoint 2016/2013 central administration, then from Backup and Restore section click on “Perform a site collection backup”. In the next page, select the Site Collection URL and then give the file name with path in the File Location box. Then click on Start Backup.
How do I move a document library to subsite?
- Go to the library you would like to migrate, click LIBRARY in the upper left corner> click Library Settings.
- Click Save document library as template > type in the File name and the Template name > select “Include Content” > click OK.
- Go to the destination site, click Site Contents > click add an app.
Can you copy a subsite in SharePoint?
You can manually upgrade a subsite to a site collection using the Copy structure and content option in Migration.
How do I restore a subsite in SharePoint?
How to restore a deleted subsite in SharePoint?
- Login to SharePoint Online Site collection as a site collection administrator.
- Navigate to Site Settings >> Click on “Recycle bin” under site collection administration.
- Click on the “Restore” button in the ribbon to start restoring the subsite.
How do I restore a subsite in SharePoint 2010?
In SharePoint 2010 SP1 and later, Microsoft added native support to capture/restore site collections or Sub-sites in the event of deletion. So, when your sub-sites gets deleted, navigate to Site collection recycle bin and you can find the deleted sites, you will be able to restore from there.
How do I move a list from one subsite to another in SharePoint?
SharePoint lists – How to move them from one site to another
- Go to the SharePoint list, click List> List Settings.
- Click Save list as a template under Permissions and Management.
- Enter a File name and Template name.
- Click the list template gallery link to go to the List Template Gallery page.
How do I backup a SharePoint collection?
On the Site collection backup page, select the site collection from the Site Collection list. Type the local path of the backup file in the Filename box. If you want to reuse a file, select the Overwrite existing file check box. Click Start Backup.
How do I move a SharePoint library to a subsite?
“Content and structure” is best method, it should work.
- Create a new library in target subsite with same structure.
- Open “Content and structure” from site settings.
- Select source subsite’s library, RHS side will load with library contents.
- on RHS side, select items (select ALL option also there) that you wish to relocate.
How do I move a subsite to another site without PowerShell?
When the site collection is created, browse to the new site and hit the solution link. Upload the template and activate it. Go back to your root site url, and select your custom template. Now you have “moved” your subsite to a site collection of its own, but without PowerShell. On Premise or using Office Dev PnP PowerShell
How do I backup a site collection in PowerShell?
Powershell Performs a backup of a site collection. The Backup-SPSite cmdlet performs a backup of the site collection when the Identity parameter is used. By default, the site collection will be set to read-only for the duration of the backup to reduce the potential for user activity during the backup operation to corrupt the backup.
How to import a sub site from backup using PowerShell?
Import-SPWeb PowerShell cmdlet used to import a sub site from backup. With these cmdlets, we can Export and Import a particular subsite, list, or document library.
How to import subsite in SharePoint 2013 using PowerShell?
Go to SharePoint Central Administration >> Backup and Restore >> Click on “Export a site or list” link under “Granular Backup” group. Important: Both the source and destination sites should be using same template! Import subsite in SharePoint 2013 using PowerShell.