What is a vicar in British slang?
(in Britain) a clergyman appointed to act as priest of a parish from which, formerly, he did not receive tithes but a stipend. a clergyman who acts as assistant to or substitute for the rector of a parish at Communion.
What is a British word for rude?
ill-mannered, bad-mannered, impolite, discourteous, impertinent, insolent, impudent, cheeky, audacious, presumptuous, uncivil, disrespectful, unmannerly, ill-bred, churlish, crass, curt, brusque, blunt, ungracious, graceless, brash, unpleasant, disagreeable, offhand, short, sharp.
What are some British cuss words?
- Minger – n., a very unattractive person or thing. Mild.
- Minging – adj., foul, disgusting, worthless. Mild.
- Munter – n., unattractive woman. Avoid.
- Naff – adj., tasteless, crap. Mild.
- Numpty – n., Scottish idiot. Mild.
- Nutter – n., crazy person.
- Pillock – n., idiot.
- Pish – n., Scottish piss.
What are good British insults?
Why bother telling someone they’re a dummy when you can just call them a “daft git”? Here are 20 of the best British insults.
- Muppet. “Get out of the way, you muppet!” As you could guess, this one is Jim Henson-inspired.
- Trollop. One of the many misogynistic insults for ladies.
Is it wrong to have a crush on a priest?
It’s normal and harmless feeling, because human typically have tendency over someone/something attractive. But those feelings can soon be accompanied by lustful thoughts/imagination- if you allow it. That’s when sin enters.
What do you call a vicar?
In the Church of England (which is what most people mean when they say “vicar”), is what you call a parish priest. There’s a technical definition involving how they are paid that distinguishes them from curates, but in practice, vicar is just what they call the priest.