How do you stretch a graph horizontally?
- When by either f(x) or x is multiplied by a number, functions can “stretch” or “shrink” vertically or horizontally, respectively, when graphed.
- In general, a vertical stretch is given by the equation y=bf(x) y = b f ( x ) .
- In general, a horizontal stretch is given by the equation y=f(cx) y = f ( c x ) .
How do you tell if a graph is horizontally stretched or compressed?
If the constant is between 0 and 1, we get a horizontal stretch; if the constant is greater than 1, we get a horizontal compression of the function. Given a function y=f(x) y = f ( x ) , the form y=f(bx) y = f ( b x ) results in a horizontal stretch or compression.
How do I make an Excel graph smaller?
Click the chart, and then drag the sizing handles to the size that you want. Click the chart, and then on the Format tab, under Size, enter the size in the Height and Width boxes.
How do you stretch and shrink a graph?
To stretch or shrink the graph in the y direction, multiply or divide the output by a constant. 2f (x) is stretched in the y direction by a factor of 2, and f (x) is shrunk in the y direction by a factor of 2 (or stretched by a factor of ). Here are the graphs of y = f (x), y = 2f (x), and y = x.
How do you write a horizontal shrink?
A horizontal stretch or shrink by a factor of 1/k means that the point (x, y) on the graph of f(x) is transformed to the point (x/k, y) on the graph of g(x).
How do you expand the horizontal axis in Excel?
To change the axis type to a text or date axis, expand Axis Options, and then under Axis Type, select Text axis or Date axis. Text and data points are evenly spaced on a text axis.
How do I make an Excel graph bigger?
Resize a chart
- To change the size manually, click the chart, and then drag the sizing handles to the size that you want.
- To use specific height and width measurements, on the Format tab, in the Size group, enter the size in the Height and Width box.
What is a horizontal stretch and shrink?
A horizontal stretch or shrink by a factor of 1/k means that the point (x, y) on the graph of f(x) is transformed to the point (x/k, y) on the graph of g(x). Examples of Horizontal Stretches and Shrinks.
How do I change the horizontal scale in Excel?
- Click anywhere in the chart. This displays the Chart Tools, adding the Design and Format tabs.
- On the Format tab, in the Current Selection group, click the arrow in the box at the top, and then click Horizontal (Category) Axis.
How do you change the size of a scatter plot in Excel?
To format the size of data points in a scatter plot graph, right click any of the data points and select ‘format data series’ then select marker options and customize for larger or smaller data points.