How do I edit a link in Excel?
Edit a link On the Insert tab, select Hyperlink. You can also right-click the cell or graphic and then select Edit Hyperlink… on the shortcut menu, or you can press Ctrl+K. In the Edit Hyperlink dialog box, make the changes that you want.
Why won’t Excel let me edit links?
On the Data tab, click Edit Links. The Edit Links command is unavailable if your workbook doesn’t contain links. In the Source file box, select the broken link that you want to fix. Select the new source file, and then click Change Source.
How do I edit a link?
Change an existing hyperlink
- Right-click anywhere on the link and, on the shortcut menu, click Edit Hyperlink.
- In the Edit Hyperlink dialog, select the text in the Text to display box.
- Type the text you want to use for the link, and then click OK.
How do I change a URL to a link in Excel?
Without using macros, you can do this:
- Right-click a hyperlink. You’ll see a Context menu appear.
- From the Context menu, choose Edit Hyperlink.
- Select and copy (Ctrl+C) the entire URL from the Address field of the dialog box.
- Press Esc to close the Edit Hyperlink dialog box.
- Paste the URL into any cell desired.
How do you edit multiple hyperlinks in Excel?
How to edit multiple hyperlinks at a time
- Press Ctrl + H to open the Replace tab of the Find and Replace dialog.
- In the right-hand part of the dialog box, click the Options button.
- In the Find what box, type the text you want to change (“old-website.com” in this example).
How do I change a URL to a hyperlink?
How do I change the external links in Excel?
Manually update only some of the links to other workbooks
- Open the workbook that contains the links.
- Go to Data > Queries & Connections > Edit Links.
- In the Source list, click the linked object that you want to update. You can select individual workbooks with Ctrl+click, or all of them with Ctrl+A.
- Click Update Values.