Why does my Honda Accord passenger airbag go off?
The indicator comes on to alert you that the passenger’s front airbag has been turned off. This occurs when the front passenger’s weight sensors detect about 65 lbs (29 kg) or less, the weight of an infant or small child, on the seat. Children age 12 or under should always ride properly restrained in a back seat.
How do I turn on passenger airbag?
Make sure the passenger is sitting upright in the seat. Turn on the vehicle, wait for the air bag control to signal ON, and then keep the person and the seat in the same position for one minute. After one minute, the passenger can adjust their seat and sitting position, and the air bag will stay on.
How do I get the passenger airbag light off?
Conclusion – How to Reset Airbag Light
- Turn your ignition on and off.
- Restart your vehicle and do a test drive.
- Examine the passenger airbag switch.
- Inspect whether seat belts are fastened or working correctly.
- Verify that the passenger seat sensor is not applied.
- Use a scanner with an SRS or airbag light reset option.
What can cause the passenger airbag light to come on?
What causes the airbag light to come on?
- The airbag needs resetting.
- Corroded sensors.
- Depleted battery.
- Dislodged wiring.
- Faulty seat belt.
- Your airbag clock spring may need replacing.
What does it mean when the passenger airbag light is on?
The airbag light is an indicator that there is a problem with the vehicle’s Supplemental Restraint System. When this light comes on, it indicates that a problem has been detected in the system, and one or more airbags may not inflate in the event of a collision.
How do you turn off the airbag light on a Honda Accord?
How to Reset a Honda Accord SRS Light
- Straighten out a paperclip.
- Pull down on the fuse panel cover under the steering column with your fingers to remove it.
- Locate the small yellow plug in the fuse panel.
- Unplug the power connector from the fuse panel.
How do you turn airbags off?
How to Disable Airbag System? Find out here!
- Purge the Power. The first step involved in the process of how to disable airbag system in your car is to cut off the power.
- Take Out the Fuse.
- Take Away the Dashboard Cover.
- Immobilize the Passenger Airbag.
- Remove the Steering Wheel’s Lower Panel.
- Finally, Disable the Airbag.
Why is my passenger airbag on?
The airbag light indicates that something is wrong with the seatbelts or airbags. This means that it’s probably not safe to drive with the airbag light on. If it stays illuminated in your vehicle, we recommend having it towed to the dealership rather than driving it yourself.
Can I drive with airbag light on?
When the airbag light illuminates, it means that there is a problem with the system. Most likely, the airbag will not deploy in an accident because of this fault. Therefore, it is not recommended that you drive the vehicle until you have the system repaired.