How do you type subscript 2 in Word?
Using keyboard shortcuts Select the text you want to format as either a superscript or subscript. 2. To convert it to a superscript, press Ctrl + Shift + + (that’s the Ctrl, Shift, and Plus sign keys). To make a subscript, press Ctrl + = (that’s Ctrl and the equal sign).
Where is superscript 2 in Word?
Superscript in Word
- Place cursor where you want the superscript to go.
- In the Home tab, click the superscript button X2
- Type what you want as the superscript.
- Click the superscript button again to return to normal font.
How do you write small 2 subscripts?
2. Write in subscript In Open Office. The simplest is to select the number or the letter to be subscripted then to use the following keyboard shortcut : Ctrl + ⇧ Shift + B (i.e. : Ctrl + Shift + B)
What is subscript in Word?
A superscript or subscript is a number, figure, symbol, or indicator that is smaller than the normal line of type and is set slightly above it (superscript) or below it (subscript). If you’re creating a footnote, you might also want to do this with a number.
How do you type subscript 2 on a keyboard?
To make text appear slightly above (superscript) or below (subscript) your regular text, you can use keyboard shortcuts.
- Select the character that you want to format.
- For superscript, press Ctrl, Shift, and the Plus sign (+) at the same time. For subscript, press Ctrl and the Minus sign (-) at the same time.
Is the 2 in co2 subscript or superscript?
Here’s how to set up AutoCorrect to convert co2 into CO2 (these instructions work for Word 2003, Word 2007 and Word 2010): In your document, type CO2 and a space, then format it correctly (capital letters, then subscript the 2 but not the space; you should have CO2 ).
How do you type subscript 2?
Subscript (Letters/numbers typed below the line of text): After typing CO (or whatever text you want), immediately press the Ctrl key and the equals (=) key at the same time, release the keys then type your number 2. It will become subscript with the number two lower than the preceeding letters.
How do you insert superscript in word?
Insert a superscript or subscript symbol. On the slide, click where you want to add the symbol. On the Insert tab, click Symbol. In the Symbol box, in the Font drop-down list, select (normal text) if it isn’t already selected. In the Symbol box, in the Subset drop-down list, select Superscripts and Subscripts.
How to insert subscript?
On the Insert tab, click Symbol .
How to do superscript in word?
Select the text or number that you want.