How do you reset a Compaq Presario CQ60?
Press F11 at BOOT is the method that HP states to use. Turn off the computer if it is not already off. Disconnect and remove all external devices such as printers, USB drives, and memory cards. Turn on the computer and immediately press the F11 key repeatedly , about once every second, until Recovery Manager opens.
How do I reset my Compaq Presario password?
Without a passcode, you can log in to your Compaq. Create a reset disc safety locks. Plug your newly made password reset disc into your locked laptop. Select the user account of the Windows machine you forgot your password and click “Next.” To recover your forgotten Compaq password, click “Reboot.”
How do I factory reset my Compaq cq58 laptop?
Tapping f11 key as soon you power on laptop should take you to recovery console. You can do factory reset from here.
How do I restore my Compaq laptop to factory settings without password?
Turn on the computer and immediately press the F11 key repeatedly, about once every second, until Recovery Manager opens. Next. An Advanced options screen opens. Select Recover your computer to its original factory condition, and then click Next.
How do I find my HP BIOS password?
HP Notebook PCs – Managing the Administrator Password in UEFI BIOS
- Turn on the computer, and then immediately press F10 until the BIOS menu displays.
- Under the Security tab, and then use the up and down arrow keys to select Setup BIOS Administrator Password.
- Type your BIOS Administrator Password, and then press Enter.
How do I reset the password on my Compaq Presario cq58?
Touch or click on Troubleshoot, then Advanced options, and finally Command Prompt. Type in the following net user then your username and then a space and your new password (the new password your want to use).
How do I get into BIOS on Compaq Presario cq58?
- Please, shutdown the computer using the power button.
- Power it on. 2.1 As soon as you press the power-on button, immediately begin hitting the Esc button (like tap-tap-tap). This should open a HP Startup Menu.
- Choose F9 to open Boot Device Options.
- Select your USB drive and it should begin loading.
How do I bypass Windows 7 password from command prompt?
Method 2: Reset Password with Command Prompt in Safe Mode While starting the computer, hold down the F8 key until the Advanced Boot Options screen appears. Using the arrow keys to select “Safe Mode with Command Prompt” and press Enter. You will see the hidden Administrator account available on the login screen.