How do you find archived messages on Messenger web?
Using the website
- Head to the the Facebook Messenger homepage again and click the circle with three dots in the top-left.
- Select Archived chats. Open the “Archived chats” page.
- The left sidebar will flip to show you all your archived chats.
How do I view archived messages on Messenger Messenger 2021?
To get to archived messages in Messenger 2021 on iPhone and Android, firstly make sure you are running the latest version of the app. Then open the Messenger app and tap your profile photo at the top left. Go to “Archived chats“. Here you can see all the archived conversations stored in your Messenger account.
Can you Archive Facebook Messenger messages?
Tap Chats to view your conversations. Swipe left on the conversation you’d like to archive. Tap . Tap Archive.
How do I retrieve archived messages in Messenger?
How to unarchive messages on Facebook
- Click the gear icon in the Facebook Messenger window. Click the gear icon.
- Select “Archived Chats.” Click “Archived Chats.”
- Go to the chat, and respond or react to the thread, instantly undoing the archive action and moving the messages back to your primary inbox.
How do I unarchive messages on Messenger 2020?
How do I unarchive a chat on Messenger?
- From Chats, tap your profile picture in the top left.
- Tap Archived Chats.
- Touch and hold the chat you want to unarchive.
- Tap Unarchive.
How do I access archived messages?
If a message has been archived, you can find it by opening the All mail label.
- On your Android phone or tablet, open the Gmail app .
- In the top left, tap Menu .
- Tap All mail.
What happens when you archive a Messenger chat?
Archiving a conversation hides it from your inbox until the next time you chat with that person. Deleting a conversation permanently removes the message history from your inbox. Swipe left on the conversation you’d like to archive.
How do I unarchive a message on Messenger without sending a message?
How can I recover Facebook Messages?
Open Facebook Messenger on your device and head to your recent conversations. Click on the search bar to search the conversation that you previously archived. Once you find the conversation, simply select it and press Unarchive Message option to unarchive it.
Can someone still message you if you archive the chat?
The new Archived Chats settings mean that any message thread that is archived will now stay in the Archived Chats folder, even if a new message is sent to that thread. Now, these chats will stay tucked away permanently, unless you choose to manually unarchive the conversation.”
Can someone still message me if I archive the chat?
Since archiving a chat does nothing else apart from hiding it from the main view, you can receive messages from all archived chats. If you’re worried that you might miss them, know that you’ll receive a notification or every new message, although you’ve archived the chat.