How do I start a student radio station?
- Step 1: Put together programming ideas and station identity.
- Step 2: Build a team.
- Step 3: Write and submit your campus radio station proposal.
- Step 4: Build your studio space.
- Step 5: Start broadcasting and promoting your station.
Is college radio still a thing?
If you are wondering if college radio even matters anymore, it does. Despite the rise of podcasts and the popularity of satellite and online radio, college radio is still one of the most important aspects of the broadcasting industry.
What types of programs are there on the radio?
Different Types of Online Radio Programs
- Chart Shows. Chart shows are a classic program type that you can add to your line up.
- Entertainment Programs.
- Late Night.
- Live Shows.
- Morning Wake-Up Shows.
- Music Shows / Genre Specific Programming.
- News and Weather.
- Radio Dramas.
How much does it cost to start an AM radio station?
The cost of launching a radio station largely depends on the type of radio station. The largest startup expenses come from engineering fees (which can range from $500 to $3,000 to get on air), studio equipment (which can range from $5,000 to more than $100,000), and transmitting equipment.
What is educational radio?
Educational radio is the first electronic medium educators used to teach at a distance. The number of studies listed and the variety of research questions are indicative of the ubiquity and popularity of the use of radio in education.
Which university has its own station?
Pune University’s Vigyaan Vaani launched in 2005 is a case in point. The channel is received within a radius of 7km of the assigned 10km while majority of its target audience is in the centre of the city.
What is a night radio?
With a freer and more intimate tone than daytime broadcasts, night-time radio has long been the privileged place for confidences delivered in the anonymity of the night. At a time conducive to imagination and solitude, these broadcasts provide listeners with a reassuring voice that seems to speak only to them.
How do you submit a song to college radio?
College radio stations do pay the composition PROs to play their music….
- Compile a list of targeted college radio stations and shows. Head here for a list of college radio stations.
- Set up a tracking system.
- Call in advance and establish a relationship with the music director.
- Prepare your music.
- Prepare your bio.