How do I get in contact with customs?
U.S. Customs and Border Protection
- Website: U.S. Customs and Border Protection.
- Contact: Contact Customs and Border Protection.
- Local Offices: Ports of Entry—Air, Land, and Sea.
- Main Address: 1300 Pennsylvania Ave., NW.
- Phone Number: 1-202-325-8000.
- Toll Free: 1-877-CBP-5511 (1-877-227-5511)
- TTY: 1-866-880-6582.
Can I call the Border Patrol on someone?
For General Inquiries call: 1-877-227-5511. For assistance in Spanish, press eight. To contact the Trusted Travelers, Help Desk, please scroll to the bottom of the page. They will try to respond to your inquiry within 72 hours.
What are US Customs?
With more than 60,000 employees, U.S. Customs and Border Protection, CBP, is one of the world’s largest law enforcement organizations and is charged with keeping terrorists and their weapons out of the U.S. while facilitating lawful international travel and trade.
Who can I call about crossing the border?
You can call the U.S. CBP INFO Center for any type of information related to crossing the border. Their phone number is (877) 227-5511 or (202) 325-8000 from outside the U.S. The call center is open Monday-Friday between 9 a.m. and 12 p.m. and then again from 1 p.m. to 4 p.m. Eastern time.
Why is customs taking so long?
Missing paperwork is one of the most common reasons for delays in shipping. Depending on the size and value of your shipment, the documentation required may vary. Even simple mistakes like the seller forgetting to attach an invoice or CN22 customs form can cause significant delays to your shipment.
How do I pay customs fees?
You may pay it in any of the following ways:
- U.S. currency only.
- Personal check in the exact amount, drawn on a U.S. bank, made payable to U.S. Customs and Border Protection.
- Government check, money order or traveler’s check if the amount does not exceed the duty owed by more than $50.
What is customs number?
You can submit your question, compliment, complaint, or tip online or by calling 1-877-CBP-5511 (877-227-5511).
How do I report someone to US Customs?
Reports can be made to a CBP official at the holding facility or by:
- Calling the toll-free Joint Intake Center Hotline at 1-877-2INTAKE or sending a fax to (202) 344-3390;
- Sending an e-mail message to [email protected];
What do U.S. Customs ask?
Be Prepared for Questions From CBP Officials
- Why are you visiting the United States?
- Where will you be staying?
- Who will you be visiting?
- How long will you be staying?
- How much money do you have available for this trip?
- Have you visited the United States before, and if so, how long did you stay?
How do I report someone to U.S. Customs?
How do I contact CBSA by email?
Technical support and processing
- Monday to Friday (except holidays) 8 am to 5 pm (Eastern time)
- Canada and the United States: 1-888-957-7224.
- Overseas: 613-946-0762.
- Email: [email protected] (for non-urgent correspondence only)
- Fax: 343-291-5482.
- Monday to Friday (except holidays) 8 am to 4 pm (Eastern time)
How do I contact CBSA about my parcel?
Contact information for CBSA
- 1-800-461-9999 or TTY 1-866-335-3237.
- NEXUS Air.