How do I fix error code 005 5964 on 3DS?
What to do
- Power off your system and try again.
- This error code may also appear if the Nintendo eShop service is unavailable. Please review our Network Status page for any Nintendo eShop service outages.
How do I fix error code 005 4240?
Error Code: 005-4240
- Return to the HOME Menu, and then restart the Nintendo eShop.
- If the issue persists, check for any maintenance notifications on Nintendo’s Network Status page, and then try again after the posted maintenance/service outage has ended.
How do I fix the eShop error on my 3DS?
- Review our Network Status page for any Nintendo eShop service outages.
- Turn the Nintendo 3DS off and then try again. Press the POWER Button on the Nintendo 3DS system.
- Power cycle your network.
- Use a different DNS server.
Why is Nintendo eShop suspended?
Error Message: “This account has been suspended due to a violation of the Nintendo Account Agreement.” This message indicates there is a problem with your account. Please have the account holder contact us for support.
Can’t connect to 3DS eShop?
If you are still unable to access the Nintendo eShop with manual DNS Settings, change the DNS Settings back to Automatic and try accessing again. Turn airplane mode ON, wait 10 seconds, and then turn it OFF. Power off your Nintendo Switch, power it back on, and re-try connecting to the Internet.
Is the Nintendo 3DS eShop closing?
Nintendo has announced that as of January 2022, credit card support for the 3DS and Wii U eShops will be shut down. If you’ve got Nintendo Switch Online, there’s a good chance you’re already familiar with the NES and SNES libraries available to subscribers.
Is it possible to unban a Switch?
To unban your Switch account, you will need to contact Nintendo about the ban. If it is a temporary ban, after a few days, you will be able to play online again and your account will no longer be banned. This is why it is important to call Nintendo when you first realize that you have been banned.
Why is eShop not working?
Power off your Nintendo Switch, power it back on, and re-try connecting to the Internet. Try connecting to the Internet using a different wireless network. Make sure that you have installed the latest system update. Verify whether other devices can access the Internet while on the same network.