How can I make minute rice taste better?
Zest up your liquid: add lemon or lime juice to the water/liquid or sprinkle in fresh herbs like chopped cilantro or basil. Cook the grains by adding flavored oils (coconut oil, sesame oil, chili-infused and olive oil are some of our favorites) to the liquid.
How do you make Minute Maid rice?
Use equal amounts of rice and water. BOIL water. ADD rice, stir, cover & remove from heat. WAIT 5 minutes, or until the water is absorbed, then fluff.
Can you use chicken broth instead of water for Minute Rice?
You can increase the flavor of your dish, exponentially, just by cooking rice with chicken broth, instead of water. The chicken broth will leave your rice moist, salty, and for such a simple substitution.
How much water do I add to rice for minute rice?
Simple Water to Rice Ratio
- Instant White Rice (2 servings): 1 cup rice + 1 cup water.
- Instant Brown Rice (4 servings): 2 cups rice + 2 cups water.
- Instant Jasmine Rice (6 servings): 3 cups rice + 3 cups water.
- Instant Premium Rice (8 servings): 4 cups rice + 4 cups water.
How do you cook Uncle Ben’s minute rice?
- Cut open pouch.
- Combine rice, water and butter (optional) in a saucepan.
- Bring to a boil. REDUCE HEAT (medium-low to medium) and cover.
- Simmer 10-12 minutes or until water is absorbed. Fluff with fork and serve.
What is the secret ingredient in fried rice?
Eggs are the essential ingredients for fried rice. The simplest egg fried rice (鸡蛋炒饭) only required egg and light soy sauce, which is still a delectable meal by itself.
What is the secret to good fried rice?
5 secrets for perfect fried rice
- Use cold, leftover cooked rice.
- Use medium to long grain rice, not short grain sweet/sushi rice or glutinous rice.
- A blazing hot wok (a wok is ideal but a large pan, skillet, or Dutch oven will do) and an adequate amount of oil will ensure your ingredients don’t stick to the surface.