What is the primary responsibility of a pool lifeguard?
Ensure safety and hygiene maintained. Ensure adequate supervision of pools. Undertake testing of pool water to ensure correct water balances are maintained.
What skills do you need to be a lifeguard?
Skills and qualities
- life-saving skills.
- good physical fitness and stamina.
- an interest in swimming and the ability to swim well.
- good people skills and the ability to supervise.
- awareness of health and safety procedures.
- alertness and a sense of responsibility.
- the ability to remain calm and act appropriately in an emergency.
What skill do you need to be a lifeguard?
life-saving skills. good physical fitness and stamina. an interest in swimming and the ability to swim well. good people skills and the ability to supervise.
How many lifeguards should be on duty?
It’s generally not recommended to have less than two trained lifeguards on duty at any facility. This usually means one lifeguard on stand, and the other one down. This allows for the lifeguard down to take care of secondary duties, and act as backup in case of an emergency.
Why do lifeguards walk back and forth?
Hello and thank you for asking such a great question! Our lifeguards are required to walk back and forth every 10 seconds to check the safety and perimeter of the pool. The hand motions are to show that they are looking at the water to ensure our guests safety.
What are five characteristics of a professional lifeguard?
5 Characteristics of a Professional Lifeguard
- Reliable. A good lifeguard should be reliable!
- Good communicator. Lifeguarding requires excellent communication skills.
- Highly skilled. It goes without saying that a lifeguard needs to be good at what they do!
Why do you want to work as a lifeguard?
Learn lifelong skills: You’ll learn new skills at any job, but being a lifeguard gives you useful lifelong skills, such as CPR, first aid and AED training. 8. You’ll enjoy the outdoors, work out and learn life skills. Lifeguards are strong, fast and know the water.
What skills must a lifeguard have?