What are the 206 bones called?
Skeleton, bones of the: The human body has 206 bones. These consist of 80 axial (head and trunk) bones and 126 appendicular (upper and lower extremity) bones.
What are the names of the 206 bones PDF?
206 Bones Name List PDF of Human Skeleton
- Inferior Nasal Concha.
What are 10 bones in the skeletal system?
- Skull – including the jaw bone.
- Spine – cervical, thoracic and lumbar vertebrae, sacrum and tailbone (coccyx)
- Chest – ribs and breastbone (sternum)
- Arms – shoulder blade (scapula), collar bone (clavicle), humerus, radius and ulna.
- Hands – wrist bones (carpals), metacarpals and phalanges.
- Pelvis – hip bones.
What are the 25 bones?
Terms in this set (25)
- The Head Bone. Cranium.
- the jaw bone. mandible.
- The Neck Bone. cervical spine.
- The Collar Bone. the clavicle.
- The shoulder blades. the scapulars.
- The Chest bone. the sternum.
- the tip of the sternum. the xiphoid process.
- the mid upper spine. Thoratic spine.
Are there 213 bones in the human body?
There are 206 bones (some say 213 ) in the human body. Some variation exists, because humans may have different numbers of certain bones (eg, vertebrae and ribs).
What are the 28 bones of the skull?
- Parietal (2)
- Temporal (2)
- Frontal (1)
- Occipital (1)
- Ethmoid (1)
- Sphenoid (1)
What are the 22 bones of the skull?
The skull (22 bones) is divisible into two parts: (1) the cranium, which lodges and protects the brain, consists of eight bones (Occipital, Two Parietals, Frontal, Two Temporals, Sphenoidal, Ethmoidal) and the skeleton of the face, of fourteen (Two Nasals, Two Maxillae, Two Lacrimals, Two Zygomatics, Two Palatines, Two …
Are there 207 bones in the human body?
The human skeleton of an adult consists of around 206 to 213 bones, depending on the counting of sternum (which may alternatively be included as the manubrium, body of sternum, and the xiphoid process).
Is a femur bone?
The femur (thigh bone) is the largest bone in your body. The femur is the only bone in the upper portion of your leg, and it is completely covered by your thigh muscles.
What are the 15 major bones?
Terms in this set (15)
- Vertebral Column.
Do humans have 206 or 213 bones?
What are the names of the 22 bones in the skull?
A collection of 22 bones, the skull protects the all-important brain and supports the other soft tissues of the head….Cranial Bones
- Frontal bone.
- Two parietal bones.
- Two temporal bones.
- Occipital bone.
- Ethmoid bone.
- Sphenoid bone.