How do you describe Cake Decorating on a resume?
- Decorated cakes with icing and fondant finishes.
- Handled customer calls, inquiries and purchases.
- Used proper labeling system for pastry items.
- Performed assigned tasks, including setting up window displays and cleaning decorating equipment.
What skills are needed for cake decorating?
- the ability to work well with your hands.
- to be thorough and pay attention to detail.
- customer service skills.
- excellent verbal communication skills.
- knowledge of food production methods.
- the ability to accept criticism and work well under pressure.
- the ability to use your initiative.
- maths knowledge.
What are the duties of a cake decorator?
The cake decorator’s responsibilities include taking customers’ cake orders, recording instructions and special requests, providing suitable recommendations on cake decorations and designs, and packaging bakery items.
What should I put on my resume for baking?
It is useful to include hard skills, like food safety knowledge, health guidelines, or baking equipment familiarity. Also include soft skills that help you work well with customers and collaborate on a baking team, like communication, patience, and teamwork.
What does a cake decorator do at Walmart?
A Walmart cake decorator is responsible for fulfilling customer orders and designing cakes to customer specifications, as well as decorating pastries to sell in-store. Creating icings, fondant, confection, and other items are also part of the job, making it ideal for creative and artistic individuals.
How can I be a good cake decorator?
How to become a professional cake decorator
- Complete a high school diploma or GED.
- Take courses on baking and decorating.
- Earn a diploma or certificate in baking or pastry arts.
- Pursue an apprenticeship.
- Get professional experience.
- Gain specialized certification.
- Consider taking business courses to open your own business.
What are the qualities of good and well presented cake?
It should be fluffy, spongy, and moist. Having fewer ingredients and proper baking methods make the cake more appealing. Using quality ingredients are always add-ons. Flavours- The most necessary feature of any cake is its flavour.
What do you call a person who decorate cake?
In the culinary world, that person might be called a pastry chef. Or, the person might be called what he or she is – a baker. If they mostly decorate the cake, they might be called a decorator.
How to list cake decorator on resume?
These are the four additional pieces of information you should mention when listing your education on your resume. When listing skills on your cake decorator resume, remember always to be honest about your level of ability. Include the Skills section after experience. Frequent exposure to 400˚ Fahrenheit while baking products.
What skills should a cake decorator have?
Based on the most successful resume samples, Cake Decorators should have a steady hand and demonstrate creativity, artistic ability, attention to details, teamwork and customer service skills. Some Cake Decorators hold a degree in pastry arts, while others have just a high school diploma. Looking for cover letter ideas?
What does a senior cake decorator do?
Assisting breaking down pallets in the freezer and put items where they belong in the storage inside the bakery freezer. Having excellent customer service skills and help customers with any questions they have. Summary : Efficient, hardworking Senior Cake Decorator with 8-years background in fast-paced bakery settings.
How do you List A career in baking on a resume?
A flair for detail and a good eye for color and texture as well as solid baking skills are key details to note on your resume. Bakeries are staffed by team, so interpersonal skills are also important, and information about culinary or art experience, credentials or degrees should be easy for employers to find on your resume.