How do you add text to a graph legend?
On the Design tab, in the Data group, click Select Data. In the Select Data Source dialog box, in the Legend Entries (Series) box, select the legend entry that you want to change. Click Edit. Tip: To add a new legend entry, click Add, or to remove a legend entry, click Remove.
How do I change the legend text in an Excel chart?
- Select your chart in Excel, and click Design > Select Data.
- Click on the legend name you want to change in the Select Data Source dialog box, and click Edit.
- Type a legend name into the Series name text box, and click OK.
How do you show data labels in legend?
On the Layout tab, in the Labels group, click Data Table. Do one of the following: To display a data table, click Show Data Table or Show Data Table with Legend Keys. To hide the data table, click None.
How do you add a legend title in Excel?
Click the chart, and then click the Chart Design tab. Click Add Chart Element > Legend. To change the position of the legend, choose Right, Top, Left, or Bottom. To change the format of the legend, click More Legend Options, and then make the format changes that you want.
How do I add a legend to a chart in Excel?
Add a chart legend
- Click the chart to which you want to add a legend, click the Chart Elements button. , and then click Legend.
- To change the location of the legend, click the arrow next to Legend and then click the location that you want.
How do you show the legend value in Excel pie chart?
To display percentage values in the legend of a pie chart
- On the design surface, right-click on the pie chart and select Series Properties. The Series Properties dialog box displays.
- In Legend, type #PERCENT for the Custom legend text property.
How do you insert a legend in Excel?
To insert a legend, click the Legend button on the PrintableCal tab of the Excel or Word Ribbon. The Insert Legend Task Pane will appear after clicking the Legend button. The most recently used calendar data sources will be selected by default.
How do you add a legend to excel graph?
Right-click the legend on the chart, and choose “Format Legend” from the pop-up menu. The Format Legend window will appear. Select any of the options on the left side of the window other than “Legend Options” to adjust how the legend will appear on your chart.
How do you change the legend text in Excel?
Change the legend name using select data Select your chart in Excel, and click Design > Select Data. Click on the legend name you want to change in the Select Data Source dialog box, and click Edit. Type a legend name into the Series name text box, and click OK.
What is the definition of legend in Excel?
In a chart or graph in a spreadsheet program such as Microsoft Excel, the legend is often located on the right-hand side of the chart or graph and is sometimes surrounded by a border. The legend is linked to the data being graphically displayed in the plot area of the chart.