How do I protect a note in Excel?
Adding Comments to Protected Worksheets
- Display the Home tab of the ribbon.
- In the Cells group, click Format | Protect Sheet.
- Enter a password to be used in protecting the worksheet.
- Scroll down in the list of permissions and select the Edit Objects check box.
- Set any other permissions desired.
How do I lock s in Excel?
Protect the workbook structure
- Click Review > Protect Workbook. Note: The Windows option is available only in Excel 2007, Excel 2010, Excel for Mac 2011, and Excel 2016 for Mac.
- Enter a password in the Password box.
- Select OK, re-enter the password to confirm it, and then select OK again.
How do you password protect Excel and allow read only?
For a better protection, protect the sheet with a password.
- Open a workbook.
- On the File tab, click Save As.
- Click Browse.
- Click on the Tools button and click General Options.
- In the Password to modify box, enter a password and click OK.
- Reenter the password and click on OK.
- Enter a file name and click Save.
Can you password protect a cell in Excel?
Right click and choose Format cells. Right click and choose Format cells again. Go to the protection tab and check Locked option and click Ok. Go to Review tab, click Protect Sheet and protect the sheet using a password.
How do I protect an Excel spreadsheet with a password?
In your sheet of interest, go to Home ribbon -> Format -> Hide & Unhide -> Hide Sheet and hide your sheet. Go to Review ribbon -> Protect Workbook, make sure Structure is selected, and enter your password of choice.
How do I protect an Excel workbook with password?
Require a password to open or modify a workbook
- Open the sheet or workbook that you want to protect.
- On the Review tab, click Protect Sheet or Protect Workbook.
- In the Password box, type a password, and in the Verify box, type the password again.
- Choose any other protection options you want and click OK.
- Click Save.
How do I restrict access to an Excel spreadsheet?
Select File > Info. Select Protect Workbook, point to Restrict Permission by People, and then select Restricted Access. In the Permissions dialog box, select Restrict permission to this workbook, and then assign the access levels that you want for each user.
How do I protect a sheet in Excel with a password?
- In your sheet of interest, go to Format -> Sheet -> Hide and hide your sheet.
- Go to Tools -> Protection -> Protect Workbook, make sure Structure is selected, and enter your password of choice.