Are SPOT images free?
SPOT imagery is not for free. Hence recommend using Landsat, Sentinel, MODIS which are freely available.
Where can I download free satellite images?
Free Satellite Imagery Sources: Zoom In Our Planet
- USGS EarthExplorer: Free-To-Use Satellite Imagery.
- Landviewer: Free Access To Satellite Images.
- Copernicus Open Access Hub: Up-to-date Free Satellite Imagery.
- Sentinel Hub: Free High-Quality Satellite Images From Multiple Sources.
How many SPOT satellites are there?
About SPOT Series Conceived by the French National Centre for Space Studies (CNES), five satellites were launched between 1986 and 2015, and in revealing Earth’s surface in detail they led to new applications in mapping, vegetation monitoring, land use and land cover, and the impacts of natural disasters.
Where can I download Landsat imagery?
The USGS Global Visualization Viewer GLOVIS site at: http://glovis.usgs.gov/ has Landsat data, as well as ASTER and some MODIS satellite images. Select the appropriate image collection e.g. Landsat Archive | Landsat 4 – 5 TM and then navigate to the region you are interested in.
How do I download a satellite image from Google Earth?
Google Earth View
- Open your browser and go to Google Earth View website.
- Now, click on ‘Explore images’.
- Click on the left and right arrows on the screen to browse images.
- You can also use the arrow keys on your keyboard to browse images.
- Click on the ‘Download Wallpaper’ button to download an image.
How do I download a satellite image from Google Maps?
Save your favorite map image
- Open Google Earth Pro.
- Navigate to a place on the globe.
- In the top menu bar, click File Save Save Image.
- In the upper menu bar below the icon strip, click Map Options.
- If you already have map options saved on your computer, click Load.
- To choose new map options, you can set up new options.
What are the sensors used in SPOT satellite?
|Sensor||Resolution (m)||Spectral Bands (µm)|
|High Resolution Geometric (HRG)||“Xi” mode: 10 – 20||0.79-0.89 (near IR)|
|Vegetation Monitoring Instrument (VMI)||1,000||0.45-0.52 (blue)|